What's new

I want an iPhone so bad!

iPhoneHopeful

Reaction score
I'm a Verizon customer with an Android phone that is basically already outdated (even though I got it in September). I'd give anything to get my hands on the iPhone in a week, but I'm a million years away from being eligible to upgrade. Hoping to learn all I can about iPhones so I can someday get one.

Got any extra cash? Buy one off contract. Or, when Best Buy finally has them in stock, try financing one off contract. That way you get around a year to pay it off with no interest.

Thats what im planning on doing if they release a new iphone on verizon this summer, and it has worthy enough updates for me to upgrade.

Welcome,

Verzion are/were offering customers early upgrades to the iPhone if you just took out a new contract in the past few months. I can't remember the exact dates but I'm sure it went as far back as september. There was a thread on here about it somewhere...

*edit* The cut off date it the 1st October but here's the link anyway,

Purchase a new Smartphone between 11/26/2010 and 01/10/2011 But now want an iPhone?

It wouldn't do any harm to give them a call, see what they can offer you...

Last edited:
Welcome,

Verzion are/were offering customers early upgrades to the iPhone if you just took out a new contract in the past few months. I can't remember the exact dates but I'm sure it went as far back as september. There was a thread on here about it somewhere...

*edit* The cut off date it the 1st October but here's the link anyway,

Purchase a new Smartphone between 11/26/2010 and 01/10/2011 But now want an iPhone?

It wouldn't do any harm to give them a call, see what they can offer you...

That really sucks... I should call and see if they'd make an exception. Though your link says 11/16 and 1/10. :(

And no, to the person above: I don't have extra cash. I'm living off of a loan right now (full time student).

I know the feeling on this.... I just upgrade the wife to the iPhone 4 and I'm stock till June :-( maybe I will have to wait for the iPhone 5.

OR If I can sale her Driod Incredible and my Droid X I will buy it cash then!!!

I'm a Verizon customer with an Android phone that is basically already outdated (even though I got it in September). I'd give anything to get my hands on the iPhone in a week, but I'm a million years away from being eligible to upgrade. Hoping to learn all I can about iPhones so I can someday get one.

I've not had any experience with this but here is a link Swappa (Android) that you may want to check out.

If you do use the service please let us know the pros/cons.

Mike

Even if I sold my Fascinate for $200, the iPhone is still $600.

This was posted about 30 minutes ago on an DroidFroums:

There is a limited time deal going on at e-bay now. They are partnered with a company buying certain phones. I just sold my D1 for $162.50. No 10% loss either. They print you a free shipping label and all. They give you an estimate based on your description of the phone, then if it lives up to your description when they receive it, funds are deposited into your paypal acct.

It may be worth checking out. Please let us know if you do.

This was posted about 30 minutes ago on an DroidFroums:

There is a limited time deal going on at e-bay now. They are partnered with a company buying certain phones. I just sold my D1 for $162.50. No 10% loss either. They print you a free shipping label and all. They give you an estimate based on your description of the phone, then if it lives up to your description when they receive it, funds are deposited into your paypal acct.

It may be worth checking out. Please let us know if you do.

Yeah, I can get $150 for my Fascinate, but idk how that would work. Would I be phoneless until my iPhone arrived? I just don't get it.