What's new

Hello! Antonio wants an iPhone.

antonio107

Reaction score
Hello, I'm Antonio. Back in 2009, I turned my HTC Dash in for a Blackberry Bold, after swearing I would never do so. I loved that phone. Part of me still does. Much as I will miss BBM, though, the yuppie in me demands a newer, cooler phone, and the iPhone seems to be the front runner so far. I'm typing this post on my much loved iPad 2, which has a bunch of paid apps, as well as my iTunes music. And it absolutely has to be the 4s because I want to talk to my phone!! That was the straw that broke the blackberry's back for me, lol: Siri > Vlingo.

However, I see the slew of Android phones out there right now, and wonder if it's a really bad idea to go team Apple at the present. The iPhone's not 4G capable, the battery life apparently isn't amazing, and the other phones seem to all have a bigger screen.

So, knowing that a forum like this might have a natural tendency towards the iPhone, I'm just wondering on your take on how the iPhone 4s sizes up with the current crop. I'd have to pay an early upgrade fee regardless when I get a new phone in 2012, so I wonder if I should get the 4s, or buy an older model and bide my time, or perhaps forgo Apple altogether and get one of the 4G phones. I'm annoyed at the prospect of having to rebuy a few choice apps (the only pay apps I use to death on my iPad are the flash browsers for watching hulu, my VNC client, and splashtop), but that seems like a drop in the bucket compared to being stuck with a less cool phone.

Thanks for reading my enormous first post on here. Any help is much appreciated. :)

P.S. I'm in Canada, stuck on a contract with Rogers, if that makes any difference.

G'day & Welcome to the FoRuM!! :)

Hello, I'm Antonio. Back in 2009, I turned my HTC Dash in for a Blackberry Bold, after swearing I would never do so. I loved that phone. Part of me still does. Much as I will miss BBM, though, the yuppie in me demands a newer, cooler phone, and the iPhone seems to be the front runner so far. I'm typing this post on my much loved iPad 2, which has a bunch of paid apps, as well as my iTunes music. And it absolutely has to be the 4s because I want to talk to my phone!! That was the straw that broke the blackberry's back for me, lol: Siri > Vlingo.

However, I see the slew of Android phones out there right now, and wonder if it's a really bad idea to go team Apple at the present. The iPhone's not 4G capable, the battery life apparently isn't amazing, and the other phones seem to all have a bigger screen.

So, knowing that a forum like this might have a natural tendency towards the iPhone, I'm just wondering on your take on how the iPhone 4s sizes up with the current crop. I'd have to pay an early upgrade fee regardless when I get a new phone in 2012, so I wonder if I should get the 4s, or buy an older model and bide my time, or perhaps forgo Apple altogether and get one of the 4G phones. I'm annoyed at the prospect of having to rebuy a few choice apps (the only pay apps I use to death on my iPad are the flash browsers for watching hulu, my VNC client, and splashtop), but that seems like a drop in the bucket compared to being stuck with a less cool phone.

Thanks for reading my enormous first post on here. Any help is much appreciated. :)

P.S. I'm in Canada, stuck on a contract with Rogers, if that makes any difference.

I've never had a different smart phone. Well I tell a lie I had the Sony Ericsson Satio. But well this wasn't smart at all and I hated it. So to try and distinguish between smart phones I'm out on this one. All I do know is the iPhone has everything I need to suit me fine. One thing I'd like to know though is what's the difference between 3G & 4G? I mean would the average punter notice any difference? I'm not talking ping speeds and data pickup I'm just talking, "you use the web", would 4G make noticing this any different? Or is that not what 4Gs about?

iHolophyte

Also what are the flash browsers you use for the iPad?

iHolophyte

I use iSwifter and Puffin. Puffin's stopped working lately, but both have their practical applications. Bonus is for me, living in Canada, they're essentially cloud browsers based out of the U.S., so I can watch videos on Comedy Central, Hulu, and other US-only protected content. :D

I broke down and got the Galaxy S II LTE today. Still think the iPhone is keen gear, but this one was a bit faster, bigger screen, and 200 dollars cheaper for some odd reason. Perhaps I'll regret my decision when iPhone 5 comes out, but in the meantime I'm pretty happy! Except I just realized that I need to some something with my copy protected iTunes songs to get them to play on here... :-(