What's new

I updated fw, everything is gone

corrado95

Reaction score
Hi,
I jailbreaked my phone a while ago. yesterday I thought I should take the jailbreake away so I first made a safety copy in Itunes, it worked well. After that I downloaded and installed the latest fw 4.3.5
After that all my new apps are gone, my telephone book is empty, my calendar is empty, my notes are gone.
Now I wounder, did I do anything wrong or is it like that when you update the fw?
After that I thought I have to put in my safety copy so I have this undone. The problem is that I can't see how I shall do that. I can see in Itunes that I have one, but there is no "start button".
Can anyone help me with this big problem?

Well to say you restored your phone and performed a fresh install. Try right clicking on device in iTunes and click restore from backup.

Well to say you restored your phone and performed a fresh install. Try right clicking on device in iTunes and click restore from backup.
I can't find any "device", I tried to right click on Iphone under "enheter", but there is no choice "restore". Wher should the backup be saved?

I can't find any "device", I tried to right click on Iphone under "enheter", but there is no choice "restore". Wher should the backup be saved?

After you connect your iPhone to your computer and open up iTunes, you should see the icon of your iPhone in the left panel of iTunes and with your iPhone name near by the icon, right click on that iPhone icon and in the drop list you will see backup, restore and restore from a backup. If you don't see restore from a backup there in the drop list then click on "restore" then it will take you to a page where you can click restore or click on restore from a backup. If you don't see restore from a backup anywhere then it maybe because you have never backup your iPhone.
To make sure that you have the back up files in your computer, do the following if you are using a windows computer:
1.) enable hidden files to be show on your computer
2.) navigate to this folder: C- User-UserName-AppData-Roaming-Apple Conputer-MobileSync-Backup.

There you will find your backup files in case you have any.

Many thanks for your help. When I right click on my phone name there is no backup or restore, only one choice that if I translate it can mean "eject". I then look after my backup, the path to it was little different, see this:[FONT=&quot]C- Documents and settings-User-UserName-AppData-Roaming-Apple Conputer-MobileSync-Backup. I use XP Pro
In that folder there is a folder named: "281e213d350660a81c466de8993ee85fb333edd0"
That contains 1668 files and they are 590 MB together. That seems to be my backup. But I don't know how to restore my phone from these files.

[/FONT]

After you connect your iPhone to your computer and open up iTunes, you should see the icon of your iPhone in the left panel of iTunes and with your iPhone name near by the icon, right click on that iPhone icon and in the drop list you will see backup, restore and restore from a backup. If you don't see restore from a backup there in the drop list then click on "restore" then it will take you to a page where you can click restore or click on restore from a backup. If you don't see restore from a backup anywhere then it maybe because you have never backup your iPhone.
To make sure that you have the back up files in your computer, do the following if you are using a windows computer:
2.) navigate to this folder: C- User-UserName-AppData-Roaming-Apple Conputer-MobileSync-Backup.

Many thanks for your help. When I right click on my phone name there is no backup or restore, only one choice that if I translate it can mean "eject". I then look after my backup, the path to it was little different, see this:[FONT=&quot]C- Documents and settings-User-UserName-AppData-Roaming-Apple Conputer-MobileSync-Backup. I use XP Pro
In that folder there is a folder named: "281e213d350660a81c466de8993ee85fb333edd0"
That contains 1668 files and they are 590 MB together. That seems to be my backup. But I don't know how to restore my phone from these files.

[/FONT]

Ok, first of all hard reset your iPhone. Also reboot your computer fire up iTunes and wait till iTunes finish loading then connect your iPhone to your iTunes. Right click on your iPhone icon to see if the "restore from a back up" is in the list or not, if not then copy the backup file to another location on your computer, or if you have an external hard drive, copy it there, uninstall and reinstall iTunes, after that copy back the backup file to that location you took it from. Reboot your computer, fire up iTunes, let it load completely, then connect your iPhone to your computer, when iTunes read up your iPhone right click to see if you will find restore form the drop list, if that doesn't help then you will need to try it on another computer.
Make sure that the USB cable you are using is the original one, that might also be the reason why, if your cable is not original.

bab2010 said:
Ok, first of all hard reset your iPhone. Also reboot your computer fire up iTunes and wait till iTunes finish loading then connect your iPhone to your iTunes. Right click on your iPhone icon to see if the "restore from a back up" is in the list or not, if not then copy the backup file to another location on your computer, or if you have an external hard drive, copy it there, uninstall and reinstall iTunes, after that copy back the backup file to that location you took it from. Reboot your computer, fire up iTunes, let it load completely, then connect your iPhone to your computer, when iTunes read up your iPhone right click to see if you will find restore form the drop list, if that doesn't help then you will need to try it on another computer.
Make sure that the USB cable you are using is the original one, that might also be the reason why, if your cable is not original.

Great advice.

BAB2010:
Finally it has worked! I have to do it on another computer, The reason that I couldn't do it on the first pc was that, the button "proceed/go on" under the info of tha backup was missing!
Now is my photos, calendar bookings, phone book restored. But all my apps i have to fetch again. I saw that apps that I have payed for I don't have to buy again.
So, to you BAB2010, I great THANK YOU for your help, and greetings from me in Sweden!

bab2010 said:

Great advice.