What's new

IP 3GS FW 3.1.2 unable to restore.

ipfaner

Reaction score
I am new babie here and iphone also. I need your help to solve my IP
I bought IP 3GS FW 3.1.2 unlocked and jaibroken before. It worked smoothly untill i installed ischedule and unworked, so I removed it. Unfortunately my IP didn't work anymore (mail, calendar, phone, setting, ... unable to access).

Therefore, I decided to restore it (no upgrade or downgrade FW). After restoring, the ip display appeared "the cable & CD" then popup a message "No SIM card installed. Insert a valid SIM with no PIN lock to activate iPhone"

Here I am unable to do anymore, even enter DFU again

That is my problem!

Last edited:
So, you plugged your iPhone 3GS into the computer and clicked "Restore" in iTunes... is this the method you used?

Correct. press SHIFT + RESTORE BUTTON, choose firmware download!
Now reconnect to itune, itune can recognise my IP but appeared nothing on the right side.

Correct. press SHIFT + RESTORE BUTTON, choose firmware download!
Now reconnect to itune, itune can recognise my IP but appeared nothing on the right side.
Was it a 3.1.2 IPSW file? And where did the IPSW come from... is it a stock IPSW or a custom created via redsn0w or sn0wbreeze?

Put the iPhone into DFU mode. Your only options for restoring now are iOS 6.1.2 or any iOS that you have blobs saved for. You can't selectively upgrade or downgrade without SHSH blobs.

is custom version. downloaded via a forum.
yeah one more point is when I turn on IP, it appeared PWNED stamp, then go to what I stated above.

Was it a 3.1.2 IPSW file? And where did the IPSW come from... is it a stock IPSW or a custom created via redsn0w or sn0wbreeze?