What's new

I phone safty and security

Rafel saadi

Reaction score
Hi

First thing you do to use your iPhone is you unlock the devise by typing the security code ( if configured ) and then you carry on using the phone
Now I believe there is an application in the apps store called find my iPhone
My question is:
How could I find the phone if it get stolen and the power is off as you know you could switch off the phone without interning the security code

I hop I could find answer for this question

Thanks
Raf

There is no way to track the phone if is off. However sooner or later they will have to turn it on and you can find it if you keep trying.

Also note if they take the sim card out you will never be able to find it, some programs will allow for a text to be sent or email if sim has been changed and send a location.

But also note: If they hook phone up to itunes and restore the phone as new device, you will never be able to find it ever, only the carrier would be able to do so and 99% of the time they could careless.

Seriously if u loss your phone or it gets stolen 99% of the time carriers no care as its another customer for them from who ever found it or stole it.

Yes i know its a sad world ain't but they will in 99% of cases never block the imei.

The only way the carrier would actually track the imei for you is with a court order.

So the moral of the story is never leave your phone alone.

Now as suggested get the imei from the seller and call the carrier to see if it has been reported lost or stolen and decide from there.

Hi

First thing you do to use your iPhone is you unlock the devise by typing the security code ( if configured ) and then you carry on using the phone
Now I believe there is an application in the apps store called find my iPhone
My question is:
How could I find the phone if it get stolen and the power is off as you know you could switch off the phone without interning the security code

I hop I could find answer for this question

Thanks
Raf

Hi Raf...I am going to move this to the Help section where your thread will be most visible. It is currently in the User News section at this time.

Thanks!