What's new

I Phone 6s Plus has the s3.amazonaws on it and also XGHOSTCODE. How do I get rid of these?

59Teresa

Reaction score
image.png
A little over a week ago, I brought up my control panel and found this tickering across the screen. My friend thought it was a free ringtone, but when we looked it up, we found it was a browser hijacker, malware, etc. I took a couple screenshots for whatever reason. I've tried everything! Any ideas?

Welcome to iPhone Forums, 59Teresa!

Please tell us what exactly you have tried, and which iOS is installed on your iPhone. Is your device jailbroken?

In case you did not do this, clear history and website data in Settings - Safari, and force close Safari. Also take a look at your security and privacy settings for Safari. "Always Allow" is not a good choice in Block Cookies.

Hi J.A,
Thank you for the welcome! I've tried everything Apple has suggested. I even drove two and a half hours down to the Apple Store in MPLS!! They did a reset and reinstalled my phone! I get really weird crashes constantly (including security), I'll go on a web page and there'll be a bunch of small pics of guys n gals saying they're promoting content. And there's a small "x" in the top right corner which I figured would get rid of them, but instead took me to a page and I couldn't get out of it! And that's just the beginning... I have an over $800.00 phone that's 6months old and it's frustrating to say the least! If you need more info, let me know! I just upgraded a couple days ago to iOS 9.3.
Thanks,
Ter

The phone to my knowledge is not jailbroken. Also I do clear history and website data constantly. I find weird sites also in my history of sites I've never heard of, let alone visited! I've got many diagnostics, crashes, kbd, oscard, you pretty much name it....

You've already done most of the things I'd usually suggest.

What's left, would be to erase your iPhone (in Settings - General - Reset - Erase all Content and Settings), and then set it up as new, without a backup. I can't think of anything else that could help.

It's what your running in background
(EDIT)
Just saw the thread - my bad- yikes!
I don't know.
That should be gone but if you have phone 6 mos,apple care should replace the phone for you.
Good luck

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Good morning!
Yes, I have reset, erased and set my iPhone up as a new phone several times. Everything keeps coming back! The s3.amazonaws will ruin this phone! Not to mention the XGHOSTCODE which is malicious code, I believe my fiance(soon to be exfiance) installed on here. Just so you know, one of the weird sites I found in my history(which I hadn't been on) is Edited - link to spyware site ...it's bad news. As for the jailbreak, as I said last night, to my knowledge, my phone hasn't been jailbroken. Let's enter the soon to be exfiance... Now idk? How can I tell?
Thanks to all! I'm a newbie to all this, so please forgive any signs of ignorance I may exhibit! Totally not meant! Have a great day all and I hope someone has an answer here.
Oh also, one more bit of info.. That soon to be exfiance did show me his history as his proof of innocence. What came up tho in his history was secure- us Edited - link to spyware site. Hmmm
Any ideas, thoughts, or ANYTHING would be welcome about now.
Have a great day!
Ter

Erasing should remove this spyware completely, it is the ultimate solution to get rid of it. With iOS 9.3 installed, it can't be jailbroken.

So I guess someone was using your iPhone, to open spyware sites.

J.A, I have tried it all! And according to my diagnostics reports, awdd's, core time reports, aggregate logs, session logs and the crash logs, someone did more than just open up a spyware site(s) on my phone. No disrespect to you intended whatsoever! My apologies.
If anyone would be interested at looking at some bizarre reports, let me know and I'll post a few of them...
Thanks,
Ter

Oh also, I've only been updated to iOS 9.3 for a couple days now

Which way did you erase the iPhone: did you use iTunes (computer), or did you erase it directly on your iPhone (Settings - General - Reset - Erase all Content and Settings)?

Does the malware reappear immediately after erasing, or does it need some time to come back to your Safari history?

Who else has access to your iPhone?

Do you sync Safari to a computer?

image.png
The Apple Store did it the first time. I have been erasing and resetting then setting it up as new. I've changed my iCloud and Apple ID every time. I don't have a computer to plug into or a laptop. The only person who has physical access is my fiancé. That's it. How can I find out if he jailbroke it or how he's getting in? The stuff returns in about a day or so after erasing and resetting. I also found this on my Galaxy Tablet. Check out the Source..

View attachment 25551 The Apple Store did it the first time. I have been erasing and resetting then setting it up as new. I've changed my iCloud and Apple ID every time. I don't have a computer to plug into or a laptop. The only person who has physical access is my fiancé. That's it. How can I find out if he jailbroke it or how he's getting in? The stuff returns in about a day or so after erasing and resetting. I also found this on my Galaxy Tablet. Check out the Source..
PS. A lot of the reports in my diagnostics, I look them up and almost every one of the results come up as spyware, hacked or XGHOSTCODE.
Thanks,
Terri