What's new

I Phone 6s Plus has the s3.amazonaws on it and also XGHOSTCODE. How do I get rid of these?

Just to clarify, s3.amazonaws.com is a location for cloud file storage offered by Amazon Web Services. It's a place that can be used to store files. (This is the simple explanation. It's actually much more than that.) In itself it's not anything malicious. Many legitimate sites use it. It's what's stored there that can be a problem, when it's used for the wrong purposes - like the innocent cardboard box that holds the poisonous snake. If you've erased and set up your phone as new I'm sorry I can't offer any further help than what's been suggested. FYI: Amazon Web Services (AWS) - Cloud Computing Services

In reply to DaveM,
Symantec has deemed the s3.amazonaws.com a very bad deal. Google it. And why would that just appear on my control panel tickering across the screen? What is it? I'm not trying to be difficult by any means and please forgive me if I come off that way. I'm totally stressed over this and if you can find answers for me I will be indebted to you for life :) I don't know if you've read the thread from the beginning or looked at the pics I've posted, but if you haven't, will you please?
Thanks,
Terri

Just to clarify, s3.amazonaws.com is a location for cloud file storage offered by Amazon Web Services. It's a place that can be used to store files. (This is the simple explanation. It's actually much more than that.) In itself it's not anything malicious. Many legitimate sites use it. It's what's stored there that can be a problem, when it's used for the wrong purposes - like the innocent cardboard box that holds the poisonous snake. If you've erased and set up your phone as new I'm sorry I can't offer any further help than what's been suggested. FYI: Amazon Web Services (AWS) - Cloud Computing Services
PS. Dave I did look up your info. Thanks. I dont use aws.amazon.com at all, but I'm pretty sure my fiancé does. Idk what to think to be honest. I just want my privacy back and it really messes with a persons mind :/

Hi has your fiancé now gone out of your life ?

Gregory Isaacs r.i.p.

Symantec has deemed the s3.amazonaws.com a very bad deal. Google it. And why would that just appear on my control panel tickering across the screen? What is it?
As I said, Amazon Web Services is not the cause of your problem, anymore than the box that the rattlesnake came in would be the cause of that problem. It's what's inside. For all intents and purposes it's just storage space. The link that you refer to that begins with the s3.amazonaws.com contains the full path to whatever content that's being accessed. That's the problem. I don't take your response as you trying to be difficult. If I could help further I would. However, I can't imagine a scenario where a phone could be completely reset and set up as new, and still have a problem like this. I just don't have much more to offer. Sorry.

Regarding Symantec reports of problems with s3 amazonaws, there is a virus by that name. But it's not the Amazon service that's at fault. It's important to distinguish between the two. You might find the following to have some useful information. I'm not suggesting that the "how-to-remove"instructions are useful in your particular case. I'm pointing you to this article because it talks about the virus as opposed to the Amazon service.

Remove amazonaws Virus (s3 amazonaws) - Virus Removal Guides

As an afterthought, after doing the reset and setting the phone up as new, were you the only one to have access to the phone?

As I said, Amazon Web Services is not the cause of your problem, anymore than the box that the rattlesnake came in would be the cause of that problem. It's what's inside. For all intents and purposes it's just storage space. The link that you refer to that begins with the s3.amazonaws.com contains the full path to whatever content that's being accessed. That's the problem. I don't take your response as you trying to be difficult. If I could help further I would. However, I can't imagine a scenario where a phone could be completely reset and set up as new, and still have a problem like this. I just don't have much more to offer. Sorry.

Regarding Symantec reports of problems with s3 amazonaws, there is a virus by that name. But it's not the Amazon service that's at fault. It's important to distinguish between the two. You might find the following to have some useful information. I'm not suggesting that the "how-to-remove"instructions are useful in your particular case. I'm pointing you to this article because it talks about the virus as opposed to the Amazon service.

Remove amazonaws Virus (s3 amazonaws) - Virus Removal Guides

As an afterthought, after doing the reset and setting the phone up as new, were you the only one to have access to the phone?

And that was the reason for my question to her.

Gregory Isaacs r.i.p.

I think you are over-thinking this. It's the link to the last audio you listened to on your iPhone. To test what I say, go play a song or video on your iPhone. Stop listening, go check Control Center.

I had the same, frustrating problem. I installed a blocker and rebooted my phone. Voila!

Last edited by a moderator:
I hope the lady comes back on line and reads your post, there are things to try after all.

Gregory Isaacs r.i.p.

Thank you everyone for your thoughts and the guidance. It is very much appreciated! No, my fiancé is NOT in my life anymore. The last 6, almost 7yrs with him has been a nightmare. The physical and mental abuse, the lies, the womanizing and all the mind games are over. He admitted (finally) the things I have suspected over the past 7yrs. Including, being in my PHONES! He told me how dumb I was to believe all his denials, but the fact is, I never believed him. I just turned the other cheek and by doing that, he mistook it. Anyway, that's in the past, thankfully.
Apple is replacing my iPhone and my number also, and I couldn't be happier! Time to put this chapter of my life in the past. I want to thank everyone who cared enough to respond and tried to help me! It is appreciated more than you'll ever know!!
Sincerely,
Terri
PS, I did try the amazonaws relief that was posted (again, thank you), but my phone won't play music or videos for some reason so I could check out the advice given here, I'm sorry. Rest assured tho, I will try it on my new phone!! Thanks again!

Last edited:
Thank you Nancybout! You people on here are really some caring people. It's truly amazing! I hope no one minds if stick around for awhile.
Thanks again!
Terri

Great that Apple is getting you sorted out and please do stick around.

Hi glad you came back. Great news that Apple are replacing your phone and changing your number.
Must say even if charged some dosh for doing so it would be worth it.
I recommend you lock that phone up as tight as you can can, 6 digits, finger print and a different sim card number.
Start again if you can block him out of your life and phone.
Never leave it unattended even if you think you are amongst friends. Remember they could be mutual friends.
Take care and l wish you well BB

Gregory Isaacs r.i.p.

Great that Apple is getting you sorted out and please do stick around.
Thank you so much! And, just to clarify, it's AT&T giving me the new #. I've been paying the insurance every month on the phone, so that's a great thing for getting it replaced!!!!! Thanks again!
Terri

Hi glad you came back. Great news that Apple are replacing your phone and changing your number.
Must say even if charged some dosh for doing so it would be worth it.
I recommend you lock that phone up as tight as you can can, 6 digits, finger print and a different sim card number.
Start again if you can block him out of your life and phone.
Never leave it unattended even if you think you are amongst friends. Remember they could be mutual friends.
Take care and l wish you well BB

Gregory Isaacs r.i.p.