What's new

I Phone 6s Plus has the s3.amazonaws on it and also XGHOSTCODE. How do I get rid of these?

Hi Gregory,
Thanks for the great advice and I will take it!!! Actually, I've gone to more digits and don't rely on the fingerprint except for online purchases, etc. When I was at the Apple Store, the rep disabled the fingerprint for unlocking my phone bc, get this, people can use your fingerprint to unlock your phone while sleeping!!!! I'm a hard sleeper and I can totally see that happening not only to me, but to others as well. What has this world come to...
Anyway, I'm a tough cookie who survived cancer and I will get thru this too . What saddens me most tho, is the almost 7yrs of my life that's been wasted and the damage he has done to me... I so wish I were the naive trusting soul I used to be. Someday maybe??
I'm sorry, didn't mean to ramble on here, so I'll let you go. BUT, I hope to speak with you again sometime!
Thanks again!
Sincerely,
Terri

Good to hear! I'm glad the spyware or virus was removed! Apple can get viruses- it does happen! Now you should be fine- Good Luck!! [emoji177] and definately stick around! Love it here on TapatAlk-all sorts of forums and it's enjoyable and I learned a lot just by reading responses lol [emoji259][emoji259][emoji259][emoji259]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yep my own daughter figured that one out lol age 9 im asleep and she grabs my finger - lol
I don't mind so I leave it I wake to her playing her game on my phone.
But if I don't want her on I'll disable it. So true-

Good to hear! I'm glad the spyware or virus was removed! Apple can get viruses- it does happen! Now you should be fine- Good Luck!! [emoji177] and definately stick around! Love it here on TapatAlk-all sorts of forums and it's enjoyable and I learned a lot just by reading responses lol [emoji259][emoji259][emoji259][emoji259]

So far, there are no known viruses that can infect an iOS device, due to the sandboxed nature of iOS apps and the fact that there is no central file registry. There have been a few malware attacks.

Last edited:
The writer in the linked story is confusing regular malware with viruses. Although they can have similar effects the way they work is different. Viruses are a specific type of malware that's designed to replicate itself and spread to other computers however it can. It's the similarity in how a computer virus and a regular virus such as the one that causes the common cold replicate themselves by hijacking the host to replicate themselves that gave the computer virus it's name. This is what hasn't been seen as of yet in an iOS device.

What people term malware; adware spyware, keyloggers, etc. will infect a specific computer but that computer won't pass it on. In some cases the malware would need the use of a jailbroken device Multiple infected computers would get the same malware by going to certain malicious websites, either by clicking on links on otherwise normal websites or by clicking on links in messages or emails.

In either case the malware or virus is limited in what it can do due to the sandboxed nature of apps.

The writer in the linked story is confusing regular malware with viruses. Although they can have similar effects the way they work is different. Viruses are a specific type of malware that's designed to replicate itself and spread to other computers however it can. It's the similarity in how a computer virus and a regular virus such as the one that causes the common cold replicate themselves by hijacking the host to replicate themselves that gave the computer virus it's name. This is what hasn't been seen as of yet in an iOS device.

What people term malware; adware spyware, keyloggers, etc. will infect a specific computer but that computer won't pass it on. In some cases the malware would need the use of a jailbroken device Multiple infected computers would get the same malware by going to certain malicious websites, either by clicking on links on otherwise normal websites or by clicking on links in messages or emails.

In either case the malware or virus is limited in what it can do due to the sandboxed nature of apps.
Thank you for the in depth information! I like the way you explained it. Being the novice that I am, even I was able to get a handle on what you were saying. Thank you!!!

Thank you for the in depth information! I like the way you explained it. Being the novice that I am, even I was able to get a handle on what you were saying. Thank you!!!
You're welcome, I'm glad my post was useful to you.