What's new

I Phone 4s

anors2

Reaction score
Hi my name is Sandie and I am only a newbie both to this forum and to the I Phone 4s. I have heard via friends how very helpful you all can be so here goes with my question. I have only had my I Phone 4s for 3 days so am still finding my way around it. When my phone is turned on but not in use the screen stays on resulting in using the battery un-necessarily. Can someone please tell me where I have to go to alter this so that the screen goes into "sleep mode"?????? Many thanks in advance.

Hi my name is Sandie and I am only a newbie both to this forum and to the I Phone 4s. I have heard via friends how very helpful you all can be so here goes with my question. I have only had my I Phone 4s for 3 days so am still finding my way around it. When my phone is turned on but not in use the screen stays on resulting in using the battery un-necessarily. Can someone please tell me where I have to go to alter this so that the screen goes into "sleep mode"?????? Many thanks in advance.
try going to Settings>General>Auto Lock, if this is set to never, the screen will never go dark. Set it to whatever time you choose. Mine is set to 5 minutes.

Welcome to iPhone Forums, the best iPhone forum anywhere.

Many thanks Regina. I think I have done this the other day and the only snag there is everytime I want to use the phone again I have to put my pin number in. Is this correct or not...................

Many thanks Regina. I think I have done this the other day and the only snag there is everytime I want to use the phone again I have to put my pin number in. Is this correct or not...................
If you go to Settings>Passcode, you can set the passcode requirement for various times from immediately to several minutes.