What's new

I phone 4 unlocking

Irish

Reaction score
Hi all,

I am thinking about buying an i phone 4 but in ireland you have to go on bill to get it and i'd rather not do that so i was wondering if i bought one in from america and got green poisin ran on it would i be able to use it over here or am i just dreaming? I spoke to an I.T person where i work and he said it would def work but i just want to make sure.

I would appreciate any help thanks.

Welcome,

If your relying on an unlock save yourself alot of bother and buy one from the UK apple store.

Unlocking iPhones is not like any other phone. Greenpoision only jailbreaks your phone. You then have to install somthing called ultrasnow to unlock it. However it will only unlock certain basebands. If you buy an iPhone now you won't be able to unlock it just now and probably not for a long time. Also if you were able to unlock it you wouldn't be able to update your phone easily to get the latest features as you will loose your jailbreak and therefore unlock. Then its a waiting game for the next jailbreak and unlock which is proving very difficult on the iPhone 4...

Oh right and would it be the same as unblocking the ipad as the i.t person unblocked one last week and he's done it before but never to an i phone 4?

He was saying that he would do a carrier block also to get it on my network????

and also it would cost me €600 to get one from uk and its only €220 for 32gb from USA!!!!!!!!!

I dunno what to do :(

It's basically the same thing compared to the iPad but the baseband on the iPhone 4 has only been cracked once. There's been several upgrades to it since then which still haven't managed to be unlocked.

It's up to you at the end of the day but if I was relying on an unlock I would rather get a factory unlocked one. Also factory unlocked iPhones hold value very well. In a years time you would still get at least 400 for it...