What's new

I need some help.

$tylez

Reaction score
Alright, generally I dont ask much questions regarding the jailbroken ect but this time around .. I'm just lost. I'm running the 4.0.1 firmware 1.59.00 and I've tried to limera1n it about 5 times! What am I doing wrong? Am I supposed to update it via iTunes? Agh. I've been reading many things about it and finally gave up.

Thanks

Alright, generally I dont ask much questions regarding the jailbroken ect but this time around .. I'm just lost. I'm running the 4.0.1 firmware 1.59.00 and I've tried to limera1n it about 5 times! What am I doing wrong? Am I supposed to update it via iTunes? Agh. I've been reading many things about it and finally gave up.

Thanks

You need to update to 4.1 first I believe then run the JB

alright, i just want to confirm that this will indeed unlock/jailbreak it right? I wont have to wait for any other tools, ect.

I tried following it but uhm.. I get the error 3002 or something. I tried to redownload the ispw twice, dont know what going on here.

Last edited:
I tried following it but uhm.. I can an error 3004 or something. I tried to redownload the ispw twice, dont know what going on here.

I think that error means its stuck in recovery, you just to kick out of recovery using TinyUmbrella

I tried following it but uhm.. I can an error 3004 or something. I tried to redownload the ispw twice, dont know what going on here.

I think that error means its stuck in recovery, you just to kick out of recovery using TinyUmbrella

Agh, It doesnt even let me click it. I have to STOP TSS server. I've done it about four times now. It gets passed the "verification" then BAM! Error. I mean, as soon as i Shift+restore and select the file, about 10 seconds later I get errored.

Thanks
if you have 4.0.1 dont upgrade to anything, just go to jailbreakme.com and slide the bar and viola.

Thanks
if you have 4.0.1 dont upgrade to anything, just go to jailbreakme.com and slide the bar and viola.

I could of honestly sworn I've updated via jailbreakme.com at one point (about a month ago). Dang, I've never been so confused lol.

Version 4.0.1 (8A306)
Firmware 1.59.00

I tried to follow the link given to me a few posts above but I keep getting an error 3002 when i try to restore it.

Thanks

I could of honestly sworn I've updated via jailbreakme.com at one point (about a month ago). Dang, I've never been so confused lol.

You're confusing me lol, as above what is running on your phone at the moment? I knowthis is a really silly question but are you using an iphone 4? or any iphone for that matter lol

Version 4.0.1 (8A306)
Firmware 1.59.00

I tried to follow the link given to me a few posts above but I keep getting an error 3002 when i try to restore it.

what link you... look if you have 4.0.1 all you need to do is go to jailbreakme.com. Now it is possible that you already did that, check your screen if you have cydia then get back to me.

Yes, I do have cydia on my iPhone 4. The link I'm talking about is where I used tinyumbrella to preserve my baseband 1.59.00

went to jailbreakme.com and slide the bar, gave me the following :

"warning: it looks like you're already jailbroken. Doing it again might be harmful."