What's new

I made my own Screen Protector for my iPhone 6.

Pinkpoison

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Photo on 24-09-2014 at 09.25.jpg
I bought some Screen Protectors from Amazon but because of the curve as you will all know by now they don't look good, Mine had a square cut out at the top, A gap up the sides and underneath the Home button was was open, This really annoyed me and was spoiling the look of my lovely phone.
This is what i did.
I took a spare Screen Protector and centered it over my screen, You have to get it exactly on the screen, Then draw a line up the side and along the top and bottom edge so the Protector fits exactly on the screen itself and trim off the excess.
You can then apply the Protector to cover just the screen area, This looks 100% better than it did before In fact you would hardly know it was there.
Let us know if you try it.

Last edited:
my new i6 is on the way, maybe will try this when it arrive;)
If you're anything like me you will hate the way screen protectors look on the new iPhones.

Hi , admin poisonivy I'm looking for very good brand of tampered glass protection . I'm thinking about iloome or zagg? Any suggestions thanks[emoji4]

Sent from my Gold iPhone 6 using Tapatalk

Hi , admin poisonivy I'm looking for very good brand of tampered glass protection . I'm thinking about iloome or zagg? Any suggestions thanks[emoji4]

Hi GD, I like Tech Armour screen protectors, You can find them on Amazon.

Hi GD, I like Tech Armour screen protectors, You can find them on Amazon.
Thanks admin ivy I'll think hard if I'll be buying. I don't like any bubbles dirt on my screen. I want to have screen protector free of this..

I don't see the need for screen protectors so I don't use one. I treat my phone with respect and it is always scratch free and brand new looking. Same thing with lens caps.

I don't see the need for screen protectors so I don't use one. I treat my phone with respect and it is always scratch free and brand new looking. Same thing with lens caps.
I treat my phone with respect too but accidents happen, I don't take any chances, When I come to sell my devices they are like new because I protect them.

So... correct me if I'm wrong, but the screen protector that you just made only covers the screen part right? It doesn't cover the entire face of the phone from top to bottom.

So... correct me if I'm wrong, but the screen protector that you just made only covers the screen part right? It doesn't cover the entire face of the phone from top to bottom.
Thats right, Because of the curve screen protectors don't go right to the edge and that and the cutouts top and bottom looked awful.
Its working very well and you can't really tell its there at all.

It's an interesting find. Now that I think about it, it surprises me that no 3rd party manufacturers have actually tried this. Thanks for the share :)

It's an interesting find. Now that I think about it, it surprises me that no 3rd party manufacturers have actually tried this. Thanks for the share :)
You're welcome.
I'm using a Tech Armour Screen Protector that was sold for a HTC One.
Its been on since day one and hasn't budged a fraction.