What's new

I’M NEW to the forums and NEED HELP!!!!!

MrsFrontera

Reaction score
HI ALL!

I often find the answers to all of my iPhone questions on this site … however, today I am unsuccessful and am in SERIOUS need of assistance!!!

I have an iPhone 4 (yes, i did update to iOS 5) and this morning, my 16 month old daughter got a hold of it, along with my cup of french vanilla cappuccino, and proceeded to pour it INTO my phone. WHAT SHOULD I DO??? I have it in a bag of rice but am afraid that isn’t going to do the trick since the substance is so sticky.

ANY ADVICE????? PLEASE HELP & THANKS IN ADVANCE!!!

Side note: PLEASE don’t badger me about not allowing my small child to play with my very expensive phone because I don’t. I forgot to push my chair into the table while I went to the restroom and she climbed on the table, giving her access to my phone and my coffee. So, yes, it is totally my fault and I’m completely aware of that. Thank you! :)

Last edited:
I'm sorry to hear about your device :(!

The bag of rice could help. Leave it there over night and see if it'll cut on the next morning. If not leave it in there longer. If your phone won't cut on by Wednesday, then it's probably gone. :(

If you've come to find the rice trick isn't working and you've ran out of options, you can always try to open the phone and clean it out that way. I'd only try this as a last resort though.

The best thing to do its to let it dry by itself, do not try to open the phone, you may want to use your hairblower if still wet, as any electronics they are very delicate. Perhaps in the future you may want to buy a full body case for aditional protection. Good luck.

The best thing to do its to let it dry by itself, do not try to open the phone, you may want to use your hairblower if still wet, as any electronics they are very delicate. Perhaps in the future you may want to buy a full body case for aditional protection. Good luck.

I actually do have an awesome full body case … but go figure the ONE STINKIN TIME I didn’t put it on in the morning! UGH!!!

Last edited:
I'm sorry to hear about your device :(!

The bag of rice could help. Leave it there over night and see if it'll cut on the next morning. If not leave it in there longer. If your phone won't cut on by Wednesday, then it's probably gone. :(

If you've come to find the rice trick isn't working and you've ran out of options, you can always try to open the phone and clean it out that way. I'd only try this as a last resort though.

Thanks for your response. I really appreciate the help.
One more question for you though: my phone was almost dead when this all happened, so to be honest, I’m not sure if it shut off due to the coffee or not. Do you think it would be bad if I plugged it in to charge in the morning???

Last edited:
G'day and welcome to the forum!!!! :)

THANKS FOR THE WARM WELCOME!

Since you’re here … Do you have an opinion as to whether or not I should plug my phone in to charge it?

MrsFrontera said:
THANKS FOR THE WARM WELCOME!

Since you’re here … Do you have an opinion as to whether or not I should plug my phone in to charge it?

Give it some time. Don't expect it to come on right away. After all it will be a miracle if it even comes back on.

+1 patience is key! :D.

Hi all! Just wanted to give an update:

First, darkstar2007 … patience is definitely not one of my virtues. However, I was able to stick it out 24 hours. I plugged it in and allowed it to charge for a few hours and then tried to turn it on. Nothing happened. Not even a flicker of anything. Needless to say, I immediately made an insurance claim through Verizon and a day later received a new (refurbished) phone ($169.00 though!). Ugh.

Thanks to you all for the advice and assistance in my frantic time of need!