What's new

New here - looking for some help!

wbstanley9109

Reaction score
Hey everyone! I've come here hoping someone may have the answer to my dilemma... I have done quite a bit of experimenting and searching for a solution but haven't turned up anything yet. Let me know what you think?

Firstly:
iPhone 4, AT&T, GSM, iOS 5.0.1
Previously jailbroken.

Last night, I was using my phone as normal when it shut itself off and then proceeded to continually boot to the Apple logo, shut off, and then repeat. Initially I figured just a quick iTunes restore would do the trick but instead I got a slew of errors, depending on several factors. (ie: hosts file pointing at Saurik's server or Apple's server, TinyUmbrella TSS on/off, etc
wink.gif
Those errors included 20, 21, 1602 most frequently.

(Also, to clarify, I think it should be said that I'm not really a tech or Apple newbie, and that I have successfully pwned and SSH'd into this phone without any problems.)

I tried every suggestion to correct those errors including iREB, RecBoot, creating a custom firmware, doing the restore in normal DFU mode, in pwned DFU mode, I mean the WHOLE shabang. Tried everything and still no dice.

The strange thing that seems to happen is regardless of any factors, when I go to restore in iTunes it says, "verifying restore with Apple...", the progress bar moves, but then the text changes to "Preparing iPhone for restore" my phone suddenly kicks out of DFU mode and attempts to start again, hence starting the infinite booting loop again...

Any suggestions? Thoughts? Feel free to ask questions if I've left something out...

I'm at my wits end and am currently toying with a program called idevicerestore, I even installed ubuntu alongside my Windows installation so that I could compile it and hopefully restore the phone's firmware that way.

Help please!
confused.gif

Hello and welcome to the forum......
You got me on this one, i have never heard of anything like this before. I will look into it a try to get back to you as soon as i can.

Thank you very much for your welcome, I hope you're able to turn something up!

Make sure that you are using the latest iTunes version or simply use another computer to Factory restore you iPhone.