What's new

I keep getting Unrecognisable build when I'm trying to jailbreak my phone

WeirdoFreak said:
Cheers zig9449.... I did what you said and it worked, don't think i had the latest redsn0w and I also downloaded it using a different browser. I've only got a tethered jailbreak though, does that make much difference?

I believe if your phone dies you will have to plug it back in to your computer and reboot with Redsnow to get your jailbreak back…

WeirdoFreak said:
Cheers zig9449.... I did what you said and it worked, don't think i had the latest redsn0w and I also downloaded it using a different browser. I've only got a tethered jailbreak though, does that make much difference?

Well. Yeah. It makes a pretty big difference. You have to reboot with redsn0w on evert reboot.

When you install something from Cydia that requires a reboot, DO not tap the reboot button. Just plug in iPhone.
Open redsn0w
Shut off device
Enter DFU mode
Click "Just boot" in redsn0w

When you reboot away from your computer, you phone will not and work, but Cydia, anything from Cydia, and Safari will not work. phone call, SMS, web, etc work. You will Have to use a different web browser from AppStore, or install a package from Cydia to patch Safari.

Thankfully tethered jailbreaks happen to be more stable then untethered jailbreaks., so the need to reboot should be rare as long as too research what you are installing from Cydia and not I stalling everything that sounds cool. You CAN install too many Cydia tweaks.

I have 58......and my phone is fine.

Last edited:
All comes down to your firmware anything under 5.1 can be untethered jailbroken anything on 5.1 cant be jailbroken unless on a iphone 4 witch can only be tethered jailbroken.

And thats the way the cookie crumbles