What's new

I have iOS 5.1.1 already installed on my iphone 3gs. How can I refresh the software?

taimur_3

Reaction score
Hello everyone,

As you would all know that I am a newbie, I want to ask that is it possible for me to do a clean installation of iOS 5.1.1 on my iphone 3gs? I don't know much about updating/jailbreaking stuff so a step by step guide would be highly appreciated :)

You need SHSH blobs already saved for your device. If your device is already jailbroken, open up Cydia to the main page and scroll down to TSS Center and look for iOS 5.1.1 on the top. If you're jailbroken but you don't see 5.1.1 listed on the top, you can use ILEX RAT or Semi-restore.

If none of the above is present/true, you cannot restore to 5.1.1.

You need SHSH blobs already saved for your device. If your device is already jailbroken, open up Cydia to the main page and scroll down to TSS Center and look for iOS 5.1.1 on the top. If you're jailbroken but you don't see 5.1.1 listed on the top, you can use ILEX RAT or Semi-restore.

If none of the above is present/true, you cannot restore to 5.1.1.

Thank you thank you :) I did that. By searching around on the internet, I gave a try and was able to successfully restore my phone to ios 5.1.1 :)