What's new

I have a serious problem with my iPhone 3Gs.

cyancat

Reaction score
My phone was jailbroken to iOS 5.1.1 using Redsnow (tethered) and then it got stuck on DFU mode even after I jailbreak and restore it with an untethered version of snowbreeze. However, I was able to fix that problem - changed the battery, downgraded and all that. And then, I planned to restore it again using snowbreeze's custom ios 5.1.1 in iTunes. I didn't want to do it while in DFU mode 'coz I really hate it! But, when I tried to restore in iTunes while in normal mode, it went to recovery mode. That forced me to put it into DFU mode again. And then I restored... and it didn't reboot! I tried rebooting it using the Just Boot in redsnow and it worked. I found out that the tethered jailbreak of my iPhone is still there even if I already got it fixed beforehand. What's happening? Why's the redsnow tethered jailbreak still there even though I've already restored it to stock ios 4.1 and changed the battery?

What happened was this:
1.My iPhone 3Gs is like brand new again.
2.I created a custom ios 5.1.1 using snowbreeze and didn't go to DFU mode.
3. I restored using the latest iTunes but it went to recovery mode.
4. I entered DFU mode using redsnow (which i think was the mistake)
5. While in DFU mode, I restored in iTunes using the custom ios i made in snowbreeze.
6. T'was successful, but it never rebooted!

I booted it using the just boot option in redsnow. it seems like the jailbreak I had before is still there! I dunno why's that even possible because my phone is like brand new again. HOw come redsnow's tethered ios 5.1.1 version is still there!

My phone always go to DFU mode.
I dunno what to do. =( I've already spent too much to fix this SIMILAR problem I've had. WHy is this happening to me all over again