What's new

I am a auto mechanic...which case do you guys recommend for my new iphone 4s

Otterbox, you can get one on eBay or amazon 20-25 shipped. I would recommend a black one for work then another color for play,because the black tends to collect dust. I use a black while I work during the week and a white on white on the weekends.

Your going to pay $70+ for a case that has no guarantee it will protect your phone from being damaged. In the event it does and you have AT&T insurance your going to pay a $199 deductible plus that $70 you just spent on that case.

Unless you are one of those who drops there phone in toilets or sinks a lot, then yeah get the waterproof case.

I really don't see how the life case protects from drops, it has nothing on the outside to cushion the fall. If it did it would as bulky as the defender.

Last edited:
I havent used Lifeproof but I've heard nothing but good about it. The OtterBox Defender (what I use for my 4S) is also bulky but still goes in ly pocket easy enough. If Lifeproof is even bulkier that my be an issue. Really you need to physically see these cases individually and see whick "you" like the best.

Have you bought a case yet?

I am also a mechanic and have the otterbox defender. I like it. I will not touch my phone with greasy hands... Always wash first.

The plastic case broke on the bottom corner. I dont know if its from dropping it (i dont remember dropping it) or from carrying heavy parts and resting the part on my leg, where my pocket is. The rubber layer stretches so its not a really tight fit anymore. I believe it stretches from me taking it off to clean it and from the friction in my pocket.

For the price, its good protection.

dragonballz said:
Have you bought a case yet?

I am also a mechanic and have the otterbox defender. I like it. I will not touch my phone with greasy hands... Always wash first.

The plastic case broke on the bottom corner. I dont know if its from dropping it (i dont remember dropping it) or from carrying heavy parts and resting the part on my leg, where my pocket is. The rubber layer stretches so its not a really tight fit anymore. I believe it stretches from me taking it off to clean it and from the friction in my pocket.

For the price, its good protection.

E mail otter box about the case being broken. They should replace it for free. They just replaced mine.

Thanks for all the good info you guys provided me...... after research and ofcourse advice from you guys.... i just placed an order on my lifeproof case. :)

I have the lifeproof. It is excellent, I even go diving with it.



I have the lifeproof. It is excellent, I even go diving with it.



Not being critical, but since it'a only rated at 6' or there abouts, don't you think diving is kind of risky?

Just wondering what you can do with your phone in deep water. Photos? Texting?

---
Sent from my  iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
I too question the need to go diving with your phone...dropping it in the john is the biggest waterproof necessity for normal people.

Is 6' really diving, that's not even over some people's heads lol

Sent from my iPhone using iPF.net