What's new

HUGE battery drain with Ultrasn0w 1.2.1

That's what you get for jb your iPhone..

What a blatantly ignorant comment. People Jailbreak their iPhones because Apple are so goddamn slow at making their software usable. It took them 3 YEARS to get around to putting a video camera on their phone, then hailed it as "revolutionary" when they finally did it. Multitasking wasn't available until the 3Gs; and the first iPhone didn't even have 3G/MMS. The latest generation still doesn't have custom SMS tones.

For many in the US, AT&T held a monopoly on the iPhone for four years, unless they unlocked their phone by jailbreak. It allowed A&T to dictate prices in an Owellian manner, charging extortionate prices for basic services.

It's about freedom of choice. The choice of carrier and functionality. Apple roll out these updates gradually to keep their phones marketable, and it annoys the crap out of a lot of users. So to say "that's what you get" for defying the 'almighty' all-fucking-knowing Apple, is a statement from someone entirely complacent with mediocrity.

Last edited:
Hello all. First post just wanted to post my findings as well. The OP was right. US 1.2.1 does infact drain battery. Here is my setup :-
ATnT Iphone 4 (bought at the Apple Store) running iOS4.3.1 on Reliance (India) with BB 2.1.4 + Gevey Sim Interposer. The unlock without ultrasnow works fine. But with 4.3.1 and since I didnt update the BB I had the signal bar issue. So I downloaded US1.2.1 just to fix it.

Without US 1.2.1 exactly 1% of battery drained in an hour. With US1.2.1 its somewhere around 2-3% per hour. I ran these tests thrice, with minimal variations in the results. Only Edge was turned on + My carrier signal at all attempts. So for those of you, who just want to fix the signal bar issue, if you dont care about the battery drain, US is good. Others should just stay away from it or get their BB upgraded (If you have Gevey it does NOT matter) to fix the signal bar issue.

Last edited:
I'm also having battery drain. At least twice as fast since before redsnow and 4.3.

Sent from my iPhone 4 using Tapatalk

Ok here is what needs to be done. Go to here, sign up, post a complaint and give link to this post. The more of you do it the faster they will release a fix.

Dev-Team Blog - Three years of pwnage(tool)
Edit... Do not post links on their blog, instead tell them how to find this thread.

P.s. Faster battery drain also means lesser battery life.

Last edited:
I didn't do squat, and on second day it was all fine. 86% now than I come home at 6 pm, since 9 am. Not bad.

Huge battery drain is caused by backgrounder! :)

This is what you get for running Skype all the time.

Trust me this has nothing todo with ultrasn0w..

I dont understand how apps can cause battery drain, after installing ultrasnow in my case. I tried some of the fixes posted, even restored it. But no go, battery drain is still on the higher end. Not using Ultrasnow 1.2.1 for now.

NeoeN said:
I dont understand how apps can cause battery drain, after installing ultrasnow in my case. I tried some of the fixes posted, even restored it. But no go, battery drain is still on the higher end. Not using Ultrasnow 1.2.1 for now.

Any app or tweak that is running constantly in the background will drain the battery to some degree. When unlocking a baseband ultrasn0w doesn't just run once and stop. It's always applying its magic...