What's new

[HowTo] Take down an entire Wireless Network with a simple iPhone

air_murder

Reaction score
I got this app yesterday on Cydia - BigBoss repository - called 'mptcp'.
So follow this steps:

* Look for 'Mptcp' on Cydia (BigBoss respository - The BigBoss repository is default on the Cydia installer, so look for Mptcp directally on Search Option in Cydia).
* Install Mptcp and open the terminal console on iPhone (or use ssh mode to connect it). The app Mptcp is a console mode only !!
* Run 'mptcp' on the terminal.

*** PS: The app have many options, so look for -r option (range ip-ip).

* Make sure there is a wireless connection up, ie, connect naturally to wireless network that you want take down.

* On iPhone go to Settings app >> Wi-Fi >> and note yourself IP address.
* Now, you know your IP address and know the information about this network (know about range IP address)

* Run mptcp -r ip-ip, ie:
mptcp -r 10.1.1.4-10.1.1.254

* So all connections on the range 10.1.1.4 and 10.1.1.254 will be take down.
PS: If your IP be on the range, it will be ignored for the shoots.

CAUTION:
While this execution is on, all connection on the range will be out of comunication !!

...to show that you need to buy a managed switch when a child and an iPhone are entering on your bathroom. Erm, dont care the purpose but the scenary where this is made, and by the "what - way" you made it.

is this app free? and can they trace who did this?

Yes, free.

All into a network are traceable. But the mptcp sends arp packets with random MAC addresses and IP (Source e destination) to the physical broadcast enlace.
Thus the traced is very, very, very hard to identify.

Well, the point of having this app is to mess with someone that you dont like. Let say you dont like your neighbor and he/she gots internet, you can shut their internet down and make them mad. i think that's the purpose of this app.

Fiend said:
Well, the point of having this app is to mess with someone that you dont like. Let say you dont like your neighbor and he/she gots internet, you can shut their internet down and make them mad. i think that's the purpose of this app.

Thats just a cruel thing to do.

Fiend said:

Thats just a cruel thing to do.

I suppose that's the purpose of this app...

So follow this steps:

* Look for 'Mptcp' on Cydia (BigBoss respository - The BigBoss repository is default on the Cydia installer, so look for Mptcp directally on Search Option in Cydia).
* Install Mptcp and open the terminal console on iPhone (or use ssh mode to connect it). The app Mptcp is a console mode only !!

* Make sure there is a wireless connection up, ie, connect naturally to wireless network that you want take down.

* Now, you know your IP address and know the information about this network (know about range IP address)

CAUTION:
While this execution is on, all connection on the range will be out of comunication !!

This app can't be found in cydia. Any insights?

* Open the Cydia.
* On the base dock, go to "Manage"
* On this screen, click on "Settings" button (left corner up button)
* Now, you see some like: USER | HACKER | DEVELOPER, so click on "DEVELOPER".
* Click on "Done" and go to "Sources" on the "Manage"
* Case you dont have the BigBoss repository into, so add it: Edit >> Add, and type: http://apt.thebigboss.org/repofiles/cydia/

* Now go to search and type: mptcp
* You can see it now, i presume.

See ya..

So follow this steps:

CAUTION:

Found the file! Now how do I run it?

Erm.. Mptcp is an APP for console/terminal only. There isn't an icon or a GUI.
You need run it from a console or a ssh connection.

Look for a terminal console on Cydia.