What's new

How's the battery of my iPhone?

crusher25

Reaction score
I just bought my phone last Sunday. So far it's 90% now. Usage: 48 minutes. Standby: 1 hour.

Did I get a bad battery? or normal? (I have LTE enabled by the way)

These batteries get better over time. I've had my iPhone 5 since release day and I'm getting around 32 hours with moderate use (web surfing, email, SMS, LTE and wifi always on, no music or videos, no voice plan).

Everything depends on usage. My experience is that, put phone on charger overnight, and start the day with a full battery. Enjoy the phone and all the things it offers.. switch off unnecessary apps, and under normal circumstances, the battery will easily last a full day. That's all we want. My wife's iPhone5 goes for 2 to 3 days, but my daughter is charging hers a lot more. Enjoy the phone. The moment you start to become obsessed on usage, you will find problems everywhere. Just enjoy it. My 4s is a lot heavier on battery than the 5. But I charge it every night and do have a charger in office if needed. The nice thing about these batteries is, they can be charged anytime for any period. To top up the battery with 10% or 20% is so easy and takes such a short time. And the battery will last. My son got the Galaxy S4, and he is charging 2 to 3 times a day, but he is enjoying the phone. Just forget about the battery. Switch off the percentage thing, and charge whenever you want or can. Remember just to do the whole "down to dead, up to full" about once a month. This is to calibrate the software (not the battery). And I am not an expert. Skull One is the expert and I am sure he will support my view.

There are "limited numbers of 5s" that are being reportedly and confirmed by apple with having a manufactured battery defects on it. If you feel that your iPhone 5s are one of those affected, you can contact them. Go to apple support for more info.

There are "limited numbers of 5s" that are being reportedly and confirmed by apple with having a manufactured battery defects on it. If you feel that your iPhone 5s are one of those affected, you can contact them. Go to apple support for more info.
And they will change your device if it is really a problem with the battery.