What's new

Howdy - new iPhone owner, not new to apple

Elborrador

Reaction score
Howdy everyone

I have finally taken the plunge into the iPhone world, I have been dragged kicking and screaming (though I am excited).

I have been an HTC user for quite a while now, before that I was riding the bb storm wagon, and before that I was using the handy dandy treo. So I am no stranger to smart phones.

I had no intentions of getting an iPhone until my next upgrade through sprint, however as my company as supplied it's outside reps with iPads, and I desire the ability to sync my phone up withmy iPad easier. Using google calendar and evernote is fine, but I really do enjoy the ease of apples products. So I have bought an iPhone off eBay from a dealer with a reputation that I trusted, and it will be here tomorrow. Oce it arrives I will shed myself from from the shackled of my Evo and enjoy my new iPhone 4 until I can upgrade to the 5 in a year!

The only thing I've been wondering lately is if the jailbreak website is a solid alternative to one of the actual programs. I do not have a computer with Internet access ATM, so I think it is my only option for JBing and I have read that the site is owned by the guy who created the cynic store. Is this site recommended? I have not seen a whole lot written about it, I have been lurking these forums since I won my auction trying to get as much info as possible, but there seems to be a lack of info regarding the credibility of that site.

Thanks, and hello to everyone.

And a big HI back at you, Elborrador. Glad you made it here and thanks for the words in your intro.

Welcome to the Forum!! So glad that you joined us and hope that you gain a lot of good info here.

Remember that using the Search Function may help you find answers to many of your questions that others have asked before.

We recommend that you also familiarize yourself with our Forum Rules.
http://www.iphoneforums.net/forum/f...um-rules-please-read-respect-our-rules-30950/
http://www.iphoneforums.net/forum/n...-member-read-before-starting-new-thread-3980/

Thanks :) hadn't read those topics, but have already used the search function and the google machine, just can't seem to find a definitive answer that's not about older iOS updates. Im probably going to try it at some point as the functionality of certain things is very appealing, and a test run on the ol iPod touch worked well enought. It is encouraging that it's listed I. One of the guides on here too.

There is a TON of information out there on these forums, so I'm sure they'll keep me nice and busy!

The only thing I've been wondering lately is if the jailbreak website is a solid alternative to one of the actual programs. I do not have a computer with Internet access ATM, so I think it is my only option for JBing and I have read that the site is owned by the guy who created the cynic store. Is this site recommended? I have not seen a whole lot written about it, I have been lurking these forums since I won my auction trying to get as much info as possible, but there seems to be a lack of info regarding the credibility of that site.

The website (I'm assuming you mean JailbreakMe.com) only works for iOS 4.3 to 4.3.3. So, unless your iPhone is on that iOS version, it will not work for you. The current jailbreak tools for the newest ios (5.x) require a computer.

The web site is still valid (and still works fine). I'm just doubtful that your new phone will be on that iOS version. But, you never know...

Marilyn

Yup that's what I'm going to have to find out tomorrow when it comes.i went back to the listing and all it says is ios :/

It's been a while since I've been this excited about a phone...I believe the last one I was really excited about was the DINC at its launch, still the best phone I've owned to date, but I have high hopes for the iPhone 4 and shortly there after the 5