What's new

how unlock "iPhone is disabled connect to itunes"?

skoub

Reaction score
hi everyone,

i have an old iPhone 3GS and the screen always say "iPhone is disabled. Connect to iTunes" but in iTunes, it says that i must enter my passcode if i want it connected. I don't remember why my phone got disabled like that but i know the passcode. It's just that the phone don't let me try again. I just need to access it to retrieve my videos/photos.

I think i've read somewhere that there was a solution for that for old iPhone models. Anybody can help me with that?

skoub

There is a solution for your problem that will get your iPhone working again, unfortunately it means restoring your iPhone to factory condition through iTunes on your computer, which means that you'll lose everything on the iPhone unless you have a backup you can restore to.

I don't have any backup. This is why i need to access the iPhone. I searched the web and read about the Gecko iPhone Toolkit. I need to read more before trying it.

From what I've read, these programs require that you have your iPhone connected to iTunes on the same computer you've previously used to sync with.

It worked!

Gecko iPhone Toolkit is the way to go. To make it work, you need to install Java 7 32bits and i used iTunes 9.2 64bits (iTunes 12.x doesn't work with Gecko)