What's new

Disabled 4 connect to itunes, to allow access please respond on iphone

pumpkinbaby86

Reaction score
First off, sorry if this is a repeat post.
I have an iphone 4 that my kiddo tried to get into, disabling it. screen says "phone is disabled, connect to itunes. I connect to itunes it say to connect hit continue when i do that i have another screen that says to allow access please respond on your iphone......how do i do that?
ive tried a hardreset, nothing.
tried holding both buttons then releasing the power, nothing.....
can anyone please help?

You'll probably have to restore your iPhone, which will erase it. Unless you have a backup of your iPhone, you'll lose all data on your iPhone. There are several ways to erase your iPhone. The first is by using the erase function of Find My iPhone, if you're using it. If your iPhone can connect to WiFi, you can go to iCloud.com on a computer and log into your iCloud account. From there you can go to Find My iPhone and select your iPhone from the list of devices. Now you can select to erase the iPhone. After its erased, you should be able to connect to iTunes and set up your iPhone as a new iPhone or from a backup if you have one.

If that doesn't work, you'll have to use recovery mode. First, connect your iPhone to iTunes on your computer. To get into recovery mode, press and hold both the power and home buttons. When the Apple logo appears, do not release the buttons but continue holding until the connect to iTunes screen appears. It will say that it's detected an iPhone in recovery mode and give you the chance to restore the iPhone. If the restore takes longer than 15 minutes, the iPhone will exit recovery mode and you'll have to put it back into recovery mode to continue. Once the restore is completed, you'll have your iPhone in factory condition where you can set it up as new or from a backup. Here's the Apple support page. If you forgot the passcode for your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch, or your device is disabled - Apple Support

Last edited:
You'll probably have to restore your iPhone, which will erase it. Unless you have a backup of your iPhone, you'll lose all data on your iPhone. There are several ways to erase your iPhone. The first is by using the erase function of Find My iPhone, if you're using it. If your iPhone can connect to WiFi, you can go to iCloud.com on a computer and log into your iCloud account. From there you can go to Find My iPhone and select your iPhone from the list of devices. Now you can select to erase the iPhone. After its erased, you should be able to connect to iTunes and set up your iPhone as a new iPhone or from a backup if you have one.

If that doesn't work, you'll have to use recovery mode. First, connect your iPhone to your computer. To get into recovery mode, press and hold both the power and home buttons. When the Apple logo appears, do not release the buttons but continue holding until the connect to iTunes screen appears. It will say that it's detected an iPhone in recovery mode and give you the chance to restore the iPhone. If the restore takes longer than 15 minutes, the iPhone will exit recovery mode and you'll have to put it back into recovery mode to continue. Once the restore is completed, you'll have your iPhone in factory condition where you can set it up as new or from a backup. Here's the Apple support page. If you forgot the passcode for your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch, or your device is disabled - Apple Support
Thank you for taking your time to help me, the phone is erased/reset.