What's new

Iphone 4 wont turn on, charge, connect to itunes, tried everything, please help!! :(

greekguy1

Reaction score
Hi guys, bought an iphone 4 off ebay as is, (Wasnt powering up). So when i got it, i tried charging it , nothing came up on screen, tried connecting it to itunes, still nothing at all. Then tried the home and power hold for seconds, to minutes, still nothing. Tried the home + usb cord for itunes, still nothing. I also looked for water damage marks, found no signs of water damage. What do u think is wrong with it??? Its driving me nuts please please please help me! :)

How do you know if your iPhone 4 bought off eBay is not just a dummy phone handset seen in most Phone shops....?

Maybe invest in some tools, look to take iPhone apart to see if any internal water damage, maybe a faulty battery or evidence the iPhone has been taken apart in the past...and make sure all parts are present....

An iPhone that has not been charged in a while will take a long time to register a charge, let alone power on..

its not a dummy phone, , i left it in charger for hours, still nothing comes up, idk what else there is to do, i dont feel like going out my way to see apple cause i feel like all they will tell me to do is pay $$$$, any ideas anyone??

greekguy1 said:
its not a dummy phone, , i left it in charger for hours, still nothing comes up, idk what else there is to do, i dont feel like going out my way to see apple cause i feel like all they will tell me to do is pay $$$$, any ideas anyone??

Well you did buy a phone that wasnt powering on. Its not like you got screwed. It might be a dummy iPhone

its not a dummy phone, guy just said it wsnt working. its in perfect condition, no water damage

its not a dummy phone, guy just said it wsnt working. its in perfect condition, no water damage
you say theres no water damage,did you ascertain this by checking the moisture sensors?

yes checked heADphones and charge port indicators

If there is no warranty which I guess there isnt you should take the phone apart. As previously stated check for missing parts an ill fitting battery. There are many guides on taking apart an iPhone online I would suggest ifixit. Compare the innards of your iPhone to pictures on the guide. Also water damage can occur without them 2 sensors being triggered. When you have the phone open. Look for a discolouration on the motherboard. I have seen devices fail due to internal condensation.

enots27 said:
If there is no warranty which I guess there isnt you should take the phone apart. As previously stated check for missing parts an ill fitting battery. There are many guides on taking apart an iPhone online I would suggest ifixit. Compare the innards of your iPhone to pictures on the guide. Also water damage can occur without them 2 sensors being triggered. When you have the phone open. Look for a discolouration on the motherboard. I have seen devices fail due to internal condensation.

Excellent advice. Unfortunately, it sounds like difficult work regardless. Sorry this has been such a problem for you OP...

I am not sure of it is the case with an iPhone but sometimes if a battery is fried a device won't switch on even if plugged in.