What's new

How to Unlock iPhone 4 iOS 4.1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here is how to unlock the iPhone 4 on iOS 4.1, if you haven't upgraded to it.
How to Unlock iPhone 4 iOS 4.1

Yes that is what I have posted in another thread, but the question still remains can you update a 4.1 with 2.10.04 to 4.1 reserving the base band of 1.59.00

or is there a way to downgrade to 4.0.2?

just out of curiosity, why would you want to get back down to 4.0.2?

B/C 4.0.2 can be unlocked. i dont think its possible to downgrade yet from either versions

can anyone tell me how i phone can be unlocked. i'll be highly thankfull.

If you have ure Shsh saved, you can downgrade to 4.0.2 to get the old baseband. Then you can upgrade with Tiny Umbrella to preserve tha baseband and then finally jailbreak and unlock with limera1n and ultrasn0w.

If you have ure Shsh saved, you can downgrade to 4.0.2 to get the old baseband. Then you can upgrade with Tiny Umbrella to preserve tha baseband and then finally jailbreak and unlock with limera1n and ultrasn0w.

How can I get my Shsh saved?

I'm somewhat confused. First I recalled someone mentioned there is no unlock for i4 fw 4.1 or at least not yet and said if you used the limerain jb, you shouldn't use ultrasnow because of something...(sorry can't remembered)
Now there is someone else claiming i4 fw 4.1 can be unlock and even have instruction on how to do it.

I have upgraded from 4.0.2 to 4.1 via itunes since I thought there is no unlock at the moment. I saved my shsh using tiny umbrella for fw 4.1. My baseband has changed since I upgraded.
Now I found out I can unlock it, is there anyway I can downgrade back to 4.0.2 and upgrade via tiny umbrella without changing my baseband or am I screwed until fw 4.1 can be unlock?

I believe the dev team said that there is currently no way to downgrade your baseband. so it seems like you have to wait for the unlock for your new baseband

Status
Not open for further replies.