What's new

how to unlock iphone 4. factory

xxzr2xx

Reaction score
i dont know if this has been answered yet, but i cant find anything about it on google.

i have an iphone 4, locked to att.
since you can buy unlocked iphones now. i was wondering if i can take my locked iphone 4 to att or apple store and if they could unlock it for me? i dont care if they charge for it, but i dont see me spending $600 on they same phone again just to have it unlocked.(IE) buying and unlocked one from the store

Well for iphone users having iOS 3.1.3 upto 4.0 on their iPhone 4s, instructions are as follows.
1. Connect your iPhone 4 to a wi-fi network. No 3G please.
2. Open the Safari browser on your iPhone 4.
3. Go to Jailbreakme dot com and jailbreak your iPhone 4. Make sure you have the iPhone firmware 3.1.3 to 4.0. No less than 3.1.3, no 4.x.
4. Now go to Settings>General>Network and turn off 3G.
5. Now that you have jailbroken, you have ‘cydia’ installed on your iPhone 4. Press the home button and find ‘cydia’ in your apps in the springboard.
6. In cydia go to search and type ‘ultrasn0w‘. If you are presented with version 1.0.1 or higher skip to step 10 below. If the ultrasn0w version is less than 1.0.1, follow all the steps below.
7. You can’t unlock your iPhone 4 with an ultrasn0w version less than 1.0.1. You’d then need to bring over 1.0.1. For that purpose, press the ‘Manage‘ button at the bottom, select Sources>Edit>add. Then type ‘repo666.ultrasn0w.com’ in the text field without qouts.
8. Reboot your iPhone 4.
9. Go to cydia again, search for ultrasn0w. It must be on version 1.0.1 or higher now.
10. Now press the install button to install ultrasn0w.
11. Your iPhone 4 is now unlocked! Cheers!

i dont know if this will work in the states, imba ck in the UK, if you didnt want to jailbreak your iphone which i didnt, i called my network provider and told them i was planning on staying in spain for a month or so and that i needed to put a spanish sim in my phone, they unlock your phone to all networks for you! they have to contact apple first tho and they tell you it could take upto 28days. for a fee of £20. hope this helps

i dont want to jailbreak it to unlock it. i have been jailbreaking iphones since 2007. i know how to u jailbreak. the phone is my wife's right now. and i dont like att. i use tmobile prepaid. so she updates the software on it. i cant realy jailbreak and unlock the up to date firmware. and i really want ios 5 on it too. i dont really think the dev team is working on unlocks anymore becuase you can buy them unlocked now. they only talk about jailbreaking now. so my Q. was if apple could unlock it for me as in factory unlock.

and if im in the states, how would i say im in another country for awhile and they want me to put in a sim card from their country if i dont have one.

All you have to say is that you are going for a holiday and need to take your phone with you. And that you will be temporarily using a different network sim. Just a suggestion as it worked for me back here in the UK. Im nowhere near a iphone genius so couldnt tell you anything more than how it worked for me.

i dont know if this has been answered yet, but i cant find anything about it on google.

i have an iphone 4, locked to att.
since you can buy unlocked iphones now. i was wondering if i can take my locked iphone 4 to att or apple store and if they could unlock it for me? i dont care if they charge for it, but i dont see me spending $600 on they same phone again just to have it unlocked.(IE) buying and unlocked one from the store

you can get your iphone4 Remote unlock code at Theunlockarena.com . There only i got my unlock service. i have also same mobile and network service.