What's new

How to unlock from Fido

qwertyjjj

Reaction score
I just bought a 2nd hand 4S, it is locked to Fido at the moment but out of contract.
However, Fido want to charge $150 to remove the lock, which is a ridiculous amount.

Is there a program I can download to unlock it?

How can they reaosnably get away with charging $150 for a bit of automated work that unlocks the phone?
Seems very pricey...
Most likely because there's no regulations on what they can charge. I'll agree... $150 is expensive. You might have better, and cheaper, luck finding an IEMI unlock somewhere online... as opposed to using your provider's unlock.

Nope... Jailbreaking & Unlocking are two completely different processes & outcomes all together.

Jailbreaking gives root access to your iPhone's file system... Unlocking allows you to use your iPhone on a provider other than one it's locked to.

Nope... Jailbreaking & Unlocking are two completely different processes & outcomes all together.

Jailbreaking gives root access to your iPhone's file system... Unlocking allows you to use your iPhone on a provider other than one it's locked to.

But to unlock it, don't you need to ring the original provider who has to do a factory unlock and will charge for that?