What's new

How to turn off an app

fritz1968

Reaction score
To Whom It May Concern:

I want to us screen time to turn off a particular app that my child wants to use (tiktok). I have noticed that I can restrict it only for 1 minute using screentime, but I don't want her to use it at all. How can I disable or turn off this particular app?

Thanks,
Frank

I did add a limit of 1 minutes. HOwever, I want to disable the use of the app altogether. Is this possible?

I did add a limit of 1 minutes. HOwever, I want to disable the use of the app altogether. Is this possible?

You can restrict the use of apps or features. If you turn off an app or feature, the app or feature won't be deleted, it's just temporarily hidden from your Home Screen. For example, if you turn off Mail, the Mail app won't appear on your Home Screen until you turn it back on.
To choose your allowed apps:

1. Go to Settings and tap Screen Time.
2. Tap Content & Privacy Restrictions.
3. Enter your Screen Time passcode.
4. Tap Allowed Apps.
5. Select the apps that you want to allow.

Hope this helps!

Hello. I did notice this section... and I have restricted some apps. Unfortunately, apps like Tiktok or snapchat are not listed on this section. Is there something special that I can do so that these apps are listed?

Thanks,
Frank

Hello. I did notice this section... and I have restricted some apps. Unfortunately, apps like Tiktok or snapchat are not listed on this section. Is there something special that I can do so that these apps are listed?

Thanks,
Frank

Are those apps on the home screen? To be on that list, they likely need to be downloaded on the home screen.

Go to Settings>Screen Time>Content &Privacy Restrictions>iTunes & App Store Purchases>Installing Apps>Don’t Allow. This will stop your child from redownloading the app. Before you start, you have to set up a Screen Time password. Make sure your child doesn’t know this password.

To delete the app but keep its data go to Settings>General>iPhone Storage and scroll down the list until you get to the app you want. Tap the app and select Offload App. This will delete the app but keep all its data on the iPhone.

Last edited: