What's new

how to turn facetime off during call

Status
Not open for further replies.

NinnJinn

Reaction score
Due to family illness, and a great deal of selfishness from my wife's siblings that live in the same city as ill Mother in-law, my wife and 2 young girls (7 and 5) are almost 360miles away from me. (basically why I got us both iphones.) We use facetime basically for the girls and myself. However, there are times I want to talk privately to my wife without the girls or her mom hearing me.

Is there a way to turn facetime off during a call? Right now, we talk with facetime on. And if I think of something I want to be private, then I just hang up and call her without facetime...

I know we can always text etc. but I guess its just a "want to hear your voice" thing.

Unless I'm mis-understanding you, I'm pretty sure you may have just answered your own question. Just hang up the FaceTime call and call her normally.

Last edited:
I think he's more or less asking a question w/o actually asking a question. The answer is... there is no way to end a FaceTime call and continue as an audio only call. Reason being, FaceTime connects the call via Wifi & internet. Where as your regular uses the cellular network.

thomasjtsi said:
I think he's more or less asking a question w/o actually asking a question. The answer is... there is no way to end a FaceTime call and continue as an audio only call. Reason being, FaceTime connects the call via Wifi & internet. Where as your regular uses the cellular network.

This is what I thought he may have meant. If so OP, thomasjtsi is right. The only thing you can do is end the FaceTime call and start a voice call.

ok... thanks.. I was just wondering if there was a way of ending face time without having to hang up and call her back...

Headphones ?

Sent from iPhone

That could work. If both callers had headphones. that way no one would here anything unless they were the ones with the headphones on. Good idea mate. When they want to switch to private convo mode, they can just put on headphones.lol. Nice. Didn't think of that.

Thomasjtsi said:
Seriously?!? You can FaceTime w/ a 4, 4S, 4th gen iPod touch & 2nd & 3rd gen ipads!!!!

I have no idea about iPads, but have have FaceTimed between my iPhone 4 and my mothers iPad 1.

And yes I Know the iPad one does my support Face Time. I made it. Bit whether or not the 2nd & 3rd gen iPads do I have no idea.

For the life of me I really can't understand why anyone wants or is using Facetime. To the original poster: use Skype it does everything you want, need and then some. Camera on, Camera off, speakerphone on, Speakerphone off call over 3g or wifi and on and on and on. Oh and it isn't device specific to boot. Just my 2cents.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.