What's new

Facetime over 3G without JB

noddy

Reaction score
I've managed to get FaceTime to work following the instructions on Youtube. Basically, my wifes iPhone 4S is on an unlimited data contract, so all I do when we are out, is connect to her Personal Hotspot. My iPhone 4S then thinks its on Wi-Fi and lets me make FaceTime calls ! Its great.

You still have to pay an extra $20 for personal hotspot on top of the unlimited plan

إيكرانك...المسطرة

Yeah, that way works, but you can't just have 3G on your iPhone and then use FaceTime. It won't work and I guess you already know about that.

It's really not on 3G then, your phone is still connected to wifi even tho your tethering it from your wife's phone.

Mythbuster..... BUSTED. lol

:)

I tried this out once. I had my wife's 3GS hotspot on and connected my 4G and iPod. I was surprised it worked. I would of thought apple would of been wise to that trick...

You can video chat on 3G with Skype.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

"You still have to pay an extra $20 for personal hotspot on top of the unlimited plan"

No. Tethering is free on some UK networks.

Technically, it IS 3G. When we're out and there's no true wifi signal, we're both on 3G. The point I was trying to make was, that FaceTime is possible without a proper wifi signal. It's not rocket science folks! lol

noddy said:
"You still have to pay an extra $20 for personal hotspot on top of the unlimited plan"

No. Tethering is free on some UK networks.

Technically, it IS 3G. When we're out and there's no true wifi signal, we're both on 3G. The point I was trying to make was, that FaceTime is possible without a proper wifi signal. It's not rocket science folks! lol

Yes but your not using FaceTime while on 3G.
Since its not rocket science you should know your just tricking FaceTime into thinking your on a real wifi I network.

Just use tango!

Unsubscribe

I would rather much wait for a jailbreak to do the tweak instead of paying for a tethering plan ;O

Again- tethering is free on some UK networks.

This thread is deceiving. I'm not paying $20 for hotspot

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Most unlimited plans don't include tethering. It all depends on your network...