What's new

How to transfer itunes library to a new PC????

Zig, I gave you some wrong info earlier. I got confused. It's iFunBox that renames music and what not. Copytrans works well also but like touchcopy you have to pay after 100songs

InkedAdrenaline said:
Zig, I gave you some wrong info earlier. I got confused. It's iFunBox that renames music and what not. Copytrans works well also but like touchcopy you have to pay after 100songs

i-FunBox only renames music if you drag the music from the itunes_control folder.

If you use i-FunBox's Music and Video record button it will load all music in videos with all names and info unchanged.

Not all my music is downloaded from iTunes as I have been compiling music for 10+ years and iFunBox only finds like 230 of my 286 songs.

Where as Diskaid found all 286, transferred and plays back flawless. I don't know the difference though.

(edit: might add before some comments, yes I have been compiling music for 10+ years and only have 286 songs, but every song on my iPod i love. I don't download a song unless I love it. This way I can hit shuffle and never have to skip a song.)

Last edited:
InkedAdrenaline said:
Not all my music is downloaded from iTunes as I have been compiling music for 10+ years and iFunBox only finds like 230 of my 286 songs.

Where as Diskaid found all 286, transferred and plays back flawless. I don't know the difference though.

(edit: might add before some comments, yes I have been compiling music for 10+ years and only have 286 songs, but every song on my iPod i love. I don't download a song unless I love it. This way I can hit shuffle and never have to skip a song.)

Yeah, you are right in that InkedAdrenaline.

I noticed this myself but figured it was probably just my bad luck.lol.

However I have found a tool that works with all my music. I usually only have one playlist containing 180 songs....or I have all my iTunes music which is around 380.

This tool extracted all 380 songs unchanged.
This tool is called iTools. It's a Chinese SSH tool.

Cool. Well I ended up buying Diskaid so I am good. The only down fall to Diskaid is for those who don't know someone with the program there's no way to test it as they don't have a trial version which is stupid. After seeing Diskaid in action I was so impressed I went ahead and bit the bullet and so far am really impressed.

I even tried to stump it and get an old old burnt mix tape cd and extract a song and load it to my phone and sure enough it found it right away. I think it's a good buy.

InkedAdrenaline said:
Cool. Well I ended up buying Diskaid so I am good. The only down fall to Diskaid is for those who don't know someone with the program there's no way to test it as they don't have a trial version which is stupid. After seeing Diskaid in action I was so impressed I went ahead and bit the bullet and so far am really impressed.

I even tried to stump it and get an old old burnt mix tape cd and extract a song and load it to my phone and sure enough it found it right away. I think it's a good buy.

I wish I could have DiskAid but due to the availability of free programs I have been reluctant to buy it. It sounds awesome.

I will eventually tho.

And really? No free trial?

I downloaded just about every free software that came up in google and also downloaded quite a few paid programs with free trials and none found all the songs. I thought I had it with touchcopy but noticed a few where missing so I edited my earlier post.

But the Diskaid is awesome. It's a really good program, I actually prefer it's navigation for ssh over iFunBox.

Also you can download it for free, and it will find your music but you cant test transfer like how touchcopy let's you transfer 100songs. DA just let's you open and navigate the program.

Last edited:
I wish I could have DiskAid but due to the availability of free programs I have been reluctant to buy it. It sounds awesome.

I will eventually tho.

And really? No free trial?
The only "free" programs that do this kind of work are "pirated" versions of the originals. I'm sure that's not what you're talking about, Zig. Are you?

pianoman said:
The only "free" programs that do this kind of work are "pirated" versions of the originals. I'm sure that's not what you're talking about, Zig. Are you?

No I'm not. I'm talking about free programs like iTools, i-FunBox, and SharePod.

There are plenty of programs that do that for free....they just don't work as well as some paid software like DiskAid.

If you google it there are way more totally free programs than what zig named. But they all work half ass.

To me diskaid is worth the money. I really like it.

No I'm not. I'm talking about free programs like iTools, i-FunBox, and SharePod.

There are plenty of programs that do that for free....they just don't work as well as some paid software like DiskAid.
Understood. :)