What's new

How to transfer all SMS/MMS from Android to IPhone..preferably via Dropbox

Arthur2015

Reaction score
I'm moving from an android phone to my Iphone and would like to export all the SMS/MMS messages. Is there an app that will do this via dropbox and preferably for free or at least cheaply? I'd like to have all the pictures show up in the conversations, just as they originally were.

You can save the messages to Dropbox as text file and save them there for later viewing.

If you want to get them to the Messages app, you'll have to use software. There are a few available. I don't know if or how they work, though.

You can save the messages to Dropbox as text file and save them there for later viewing.

If you want to get them to the Messages app, you'll have to use software. There are a few available. I don't know if or how they work, though.

Thanks, the reason for dropbox was more for ease of transfer..I wanted to backup all my sms/mms messages on my android to dropbox via wifi, then restore the entire backup to my iphone from dropbox. If anyone has any suggestions, it'd be appreciated.

That's not possible. You can't restore from a backup in Dropbox. The iPhone only restores from backups in iTunes or iCloud.

OK, well lets say I want to export to dropbox from my android, and import from dropbox to my iphone..or is there any other good method to do this? looking for suggestions at this point not just necessarily the ideal one that I suggested.

Depending on the file you save to Dropbox, you can use the Open In... feature there to get it to a different app. The range is limited, though. A .doc file, e.g. can be exported that way to Box, OneDrive, Evernote, Google's Drive or the Yahoo Mail app (on my iPhone). This always depends on the apps you've installed on your iDevice. Only those that will work with the file, will appear.
It's not possible to see the messages in the built in Messages app.