What's new

SMS Backup [to Gmail]

Nak131

Reaction score
As a previous Android user the one app I miss the most is SMSBackup+, which allowed me to backup sent and received SMS and MMS to my Gmail account. They would get archived under the label "SMS" (or whatever you chose) and were marked as read. This feature allowed me to keep all of my texts and picture messages even after deleting them from my phone and made searching really easy. Does anything like this exist for the iPhone? Is there anything I can download after jailbreaking that will allow me to do this?

I never worried about keeping my SMS messages. If you are still using Gmail I believe you can still archive not sure about archiving SMS itmes.

On iPhone, you can toggle iMessage off (or uncheck Gmail in "Send and Receive), then go to messages > long press a speech bubble > Tap "More"> mark texts to send> Tap forward arrow in the lower right corner > enter your email address at the top > move cursor to the text field> Tap send. Then go to your Gmail account and drop the sent message into a label (folder). You can create a label called SMS. No 3rd party app required.
Toggle iMessage back on.