What's new

Transfer SMS from Android to iPhone?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ONN63

Reaction score
Wasn't sure whether to post this app in the section or the general section.

Basically, is there any way to transfer sms messages from my old Android phone to my new iPhone?

Jmills87 said:
Sync your Android contacts with your gmail account and then in iTunes select "sync contacts with google"

Oh wtf!!!!! I wish I woulda known about this! I switched from android to my iPhone 4 a few weeks ago. I sat here for 30 minutes putting all my contacts in my new iPhone! And this is my 2nd replacement so I've done it 3 times! I feel sooooooo dumb lmao

Sorry, I misread the OP, I dont believe there is a way to transfer SMS messages since the database format for storing SMS is different between Android and iOS.

Sorry, I misread the OP, I dont believe there is a way to transfer SMS messages since the database format for storing SMS is different between Android and iOS.

Thanks, I had a feeling this would be the case as i did a search and could not find anything regarding this, shame.

Atleast i now know how to transfer my contacts over now.

You can use an app like SMS Backup (by Chris Studer) on your Android device to bring all of your text messages into Gmail. Don't think there's a way to export them onto the iPhone as texts but you can always refer back to the gmail threads to read old messages.

Try an app called SMS Backup +. It can copy sms from android to your gamil.

Save messages to email but how to get them into my iPhone 4S? Any other solution?

Great program! Costs $30 but moved 5000+ text messages from Galaxy Nexus to iPhone 5 with the Galaxy using wifi and the iphone connected via USB. It merged the old texts into the existing threads on the iPhone. Works great. I'm on Jelly Bean on the Galaxy Nexus and iOS 6.01 on the iPhone 5.

Just make sure iCloud backup is off and encrypted backup on the iPhone is not enabled.

Cheers,

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.