What's new

How to tether my iphone 4 with my notebook?

SGFunGuy

Reaction score
Hi,

Plan to use my iphone to tether with my notebook for internet surfing. Can anyone help me what do I need and how to set my iphone as a modem? Thanks

You can pay $20 a month
or you can just jailbreak it and do it for free, just search for an app called MyWi, Tether Me, PDAnet

mywi works really good,tetherme and pdanet just didnt do it for me
mywi is real simple,strait forward and easy to use

I did not know that you can do that if i4 is jailbroken. wow

so. does that mean the phone will be charged for data?

I did not know that you can do that if i4 is jailbroken. wow

so. does that mean the phone will be charged for data?

Yes, that's part of the reason ATT is getting away from "unlimited" data. So you will get around the monthly fee but you'll pay out the nose in GB surfing tethered.

ok. q. for those who use tethering how is the speed, is it fast enough to stream using laptop???

ok. q. for those who use tethering how is the speed, is it fast enough to stream using laptop???

My "good" 3G is about 1.5mb/sec. But with a 2gb data plan your talking big $$ streaming anything..... and no there is no getting around ATT not seeing how much data you are pulling off their network.

Ok. well i just wanted to know if it would have been worth it for me to keep my unlimited plan. Which I still dont think is worth it, since the speed is not that great

my signal here in pensacola florida just clocked in at 1.23mb download and 1.02 on the upload

the upload is faster than i have at the house on wifi
and i stream just fine off the mywi

Can the 2 applications use out of States? Eg; singapore

New to the iPhone I have the limited 2Gb plan. If I want tethering (officially ;) ) it costs an additional $20 yet it is still 2Gb limited. 2Gb is 2Gb no matter how I get it. So why do they want me to pay extra?

I guess they assume that if I don't tether I won't use the full 2Gb but if I do then I would.

New to the iPhone I have the limited 2Gb plan. If I want tethering (officially ;) ) it costs an additional $20 yet it is still 2Gb limited. 2Gb is 2Gb no matter how I get it. So why do they want me to pay extra?

I guess they assume that if I don't tether I won't use the full 2Gb but if I do then I would.

That's all I can figure......