What's new

How to set iphone facetime in email?

amitabhbansal

Reaction score
Friends
i am using iphone 4 32gb my facetime is activated but it requires the phone number whereas i want to set it by email address, is there any way out to do so?

I belive you can only set it to email if you have an iPod. There may well be away round it however...

Friends
i am using iphone 4 32gb my facetime is activated but it requires the phone number whereas i want to set it by email address, is there any way out to do so?

OK, help me out there because I don't understand!

The purpose of Facetime is to video conference with another iPhone user who has Facetime. Seems to me like BOTH people with those iPhones would have phone NUMBERS!!!. Right? So....... if you want to Facetime with that other person, why not just CALL that other phone number associated with that other person and do your thing??? Why would an email address need to fit into this equation? Note that the Contacts app in the iPhone contains email address, names, and phone numbers, all of which are associated. Why would a person want to use email addresses as a prime reference/association in the Contacts listings? What am I missing?

You need an email address to FaceTime with an iPod as iPods don't have phone numbers. I don't know why you would want to use an email address with your phone other than to keep your number private but then again you are video calling...

Oh, OK, gaz... I thought the original poster said he was using an iPhone, not an iPad. In any case, since he hasn't bothered to come back to his own forum thread, he must not really be interested anyway....

Oh, OK, gaz... I thought the original poster said he was using an iPhone, not an iPad. In any case, since he hasn't bothered to come back to his own forum thread, he must not really be interested anyway....

Yes, he said he was using an iPhone...