What's new

iPhone 4 FaceTime

I just want to know why FaceTime can't be supported through 3G network?3G is too slow?

tootkiegal said:
i just bought my ip4... but my facetime cant seem to work, keep saying waiting for activation.. any1 know how to fix?

TIA

Go to settings go to calls and switch face time on, although iv got mine on, it didn't work it's asking to be connected to wifi ,:( and I don't kno y as it did used to work this is my no call me on face time to c if it works , also it wud help me coz I dnt kno anyone wiv I phone 4 07572616829

tootkiegal said:
i just bought my ip4... but my facetime cant seem to work, keep saying waiting for activation.. any1 know how to fix?

TIA

Yea just need to go to call settings , and switch the on off button on:) simples, but loads of people seem to be having trouble , :( mine is on but wants to connect wifi to work , wats the point of carrying around two devices! I cud do that wiv my iPod!don't kno if it's coz I'm wiv t mob???

ell nicole said:
Yea just need to go to call settings , and switch the on off button on:) simples, but loads of people seem to be having trouble , :( mine is on but wants to connect wifi to work , wats the point of carrying around two devices! I cud do that wiv my iPod!don't kno if it's coz I'm wiv t mob???

As i known, the FaceTime feature depends on the wifi network.

Also I'm new to I phone can do most things ,but can't understand why my face time stopped:(

Unleashed said:
i think eventually when we have the 4g network we wont need wifi to facetime.. but you can just dl a jb for that already

Wats dj and jb stand for?

i had my iphone4 unlocked using gevey sim. my facetime doesn't seem to work. It says "waiting for activation"

Dave12308 said:
Out of the box (without a hack), Facetime will only work on a Wifi connection. I believe it is considered too bandwidth-intensive to allow on 3G. I also believe there may be a hack to make it work on 3G if you are jailbroken.

I'll have to ask my son about that , how do u jail break it?

Unleashed said:
well if the user has a front facing camera you can just facetime even with non apple phones you dont need to "hack" it

I know but it's still don't work , without wifi, the whole point of I phone is one devise if u need to stay in or carry a wifi around , it's a bit of a let down and face time is not a new thing I had it on nec 3 g fone, about 8 yes ago !!!

Unleashed said:
well if the user has a front facing camera you can just facetime even with non apple phones you dont need to "hack" it

And it didn't need wifi!

I kno it's just I phone making vidio calls sound like sumthing new, wen I had an old nec it was easy and I kno you can vidio call any one wiv vidio call option on thr phone , anyway it just won't work wivout wifi???? do you know why? P. S thanks for replying to my last message :)

ell nicole said:
i kno it's just i phone making vidio calls sound like sumthing new, wen i had an old nec it was easy and i kno you can vidio call any one wiv vidio call option on thr phone , anyway it just won't work wivout wifi???? Do you know why? P. S thanks for replying to my last message :)

plz help dose anyine know how to get face time in london without wifi?