What's new

How to save shsh

krazyj

Reaction score
Can someone help me i want to upgrade to ios 5 but i am jb how to i save shsh or back it up so i can always go back to it later if i want can u please help me

krazyj said:
Can someone help me i want to upgrade to ios 5 but i am jb how to i save shsh or back it up so i can always go back to it later if i want can u please help me

HOW TO - Save your SHSH Blobs using TinyUmbrella

How to use TinyUmbrella to check which SHSH you have saved

This guide is based on windows xp but vista and 7 are very similar. You can also follow these steps if you want/need to restore your phone but don't want to be forced to upgrade while doing so. It saves having to downgrade afterwards.

If your blobs for your current firmware aren't saved via cydia or tiny umbrella then you've probably missed the signing window where apple are still allowing you to restore to that firmware normaly. The signing wondow is usually a couple days after a new firmware is released. In this case your only option is to use iFaith. This will pull the blobs from your device from your current firmware only. You can then follow the steps below once you have your required blobs.

Only if you pressed the make my life easier button in cydia can you follow these steps to get your phone back to a jailbreakable firmware. You can also back up your SHSH's via tinyumbrella but there is a different process for that (see the above links). You must have the relevant SHSH's for the firmware you want to downgrade. If you don't have any SHSH's backed up then you can't downgrade unless you have an early bootrom 3GS or any 3G

What firmware are you on? The only SHSH you can save right now is 4.3.5/4.2.10 which there's really no point in doing since there isn't an untethered jailbreak for those firmwares anyway.

So how do i down grade if my shsh is saved thru cydia

Its not saved threw cydia, this is just where you get the program and then it will email you your shsh bloob

If you saved your SHSH with Cydia you need to open TinyUmbrella and go to the "advanced" tab and select "Request SHSH from Cydia" then click "Save SHSH" and it will pull your SHSH from the Cydia servers and make a copy on your computer for downgrading.