What's new

How to save shsh

mpossoff

Reaction score
Just got a new replacement and it has 4.3.3

I haven't jailbroke it yet but I want to save shsh.

Is it possible to do this?

The only way to save a 4.3.3 SHSH now is to do an SHSH dump using iFaith. You can only save SHSHs with TinyUmbrella if they are currently being signed(which 4.3.3 is not).

Thanks since I have a Mac it's tiny umbrella.

I download tiny umbrella and it looks like it might have saved shsh on a previous device. When I try to save shsh on this device it's not saving it.

How can I clear tiny umbrella that I downloaded and start a fresh install?

No, I think you misunderstood, TU will not save your blobs for 4.3.3 for this new device. But iFaith will. You may want to look into virtualising Windows on your Mac so that you can use iFaith. It extracts your blobs from the installed operating system (4.3.3 in your case). iFaith is the ONLY tool that can do this.

Hope that clarifies.

No, I think you misunderstood, TU will not save your blobs for 4.3.3 for this new device. But iFaith will. You may want to look into virtualising Windows on your Mac so that you can use iFaith. It extracts your blobs from the installed operating system (4.3.3 in your case). iFaith is the ONLY tool that can do this.

Hope that clarifies.

Should I jb 1st?

Hope that clarifies.

Should I jb 1st?

I would recommend dumping SHSH first. If you screw up while jailbreaking without dumping your firmware first then you have to restore to 4.3.5 and then you're stuck.

Yup, jmills87 is right. Save your SHSH first. You don't need to be jailbroken to save or dump your SHSH blobs.