What's new

How to run iphone after factory reset?

HateApple

Reaction score
Says to connect itunes so i downloaded itunes but there is only music no sight of a phone feature on it. This is iphone 3G and unfortunately I have to handle this disgusting product as mine is broken.

I have this picture:
upload_2014-10-4_23-16-2.png

When I want this picture:
ht1414_2a.jpg

The person that gave it to me factory reset is previously. I never had an iphone. I don't know how to handle it at all, and on top it is a locked device and I don't have the same sim card for it.

Last edited:
You need to LOG IN to iTunes......THEN connect your phone via USB.....
Still....I sometimes find it necessary to LOG OUT....then back IN.....to "re-see" my phone.....????!!!o_O
Any backed-up files/apps, etc. stored on your PC or in iCloud can then be downloaded to your phone....
Good luck!

You need to LOG IN to iTunes......THEN connect your phone via USB.....
Still....I sometimes find it necessary to LOG OUT....then back IN.....to "re-see" my phone.....????!!!o_O
Any backed-up files/apps, etc. stored on your PC or in iCloud can then be downloaded to your phone....
Good luck!

I don't have any backed up filed or apps. This is the first time I connected this phone. So do I need to make new apple id? Can i make an iphone account without a bank card, it asks me for a bank card but I don't have one.

Probably wouldn't hurt to set up a new iTunes account....I used a different e-mail address and changed my password....As for needing a credit/debit card.....not sure if there's a "work-around", since some apps in the App Store....and, of course, the music itself.....costs $$....and Apple would use the card info to charge your account for anything purchased......maybe someone better versed on this can chime in......

You need to put a card number in to set up an account in iTunes, once the account is set up you can remove the card if that is what you prefer. You can also buy an iTunes gift card and put that into your account so that you do not need a credit card at all. ( not sure if a gift card can be used in setting up an account instead of a regular credit card, I have not tried that).

Open the App Store on your device. Click the App Store button on your Home Screen. In order to create a free Apple ID that can download free apps and music, you will need to create the account through the App Store.
Make sure that you are not already signed in with an Apple ID before you try to create a new one.
Find a free app to download. To create the account, you will first need to download a free app. Either find an App you want, or download any free app and delete it after you are finished.
Tap the Free button once you select the app, and then tap the Install App button.

When you reach payment method choose none. Scroll to the bottom of the list to select it.
You will have to go through all the other hoops email address and everything.

Probably wouldn't hurt to set up a new iTunes account....I used a different e-mail address and changed my password....As for needing a credit/debit card.....not sure if there's a "work-around", since some apps in the App Store....and, of course, the music itself.....costs $$....and Apple would use the card info to charge your account for anything purchased......maybe someone better versed on this can chime in......
Go buy an iTunes Gift Card if you don't want to set up your account with a credit card and use that.