What's new

How to restore stock messaging app from BiteSms

whatsitsname

Reaction score
I bought a used iPhone 4S that was jailbreak. It came with the BiteSMS and I don't like it very much. I uninstall it through cydia but stock messaging app doesn't show up even after BiteSms is gone. I can still launch it when I search for it but I cannot bring it to the home screen. Which also means I don't can't tell if I have messages waiting. The messaging app also does not show up in settings. I have tried to do the "restore home screen and reset all but neither have worked. Thanks for any help.

Can't you put it into "wiggle" mode and drag to where you want it?

Wow.............Don't like biteSMS huh? The first time in my years of iPhoning that I have ever heard anyone say that.lol. You clearly have no idea how to use it..............Because if you did, you wouldn't be uninstalling it that is for sure. I mean.............You do realize what exactly biteSMS does don't you?

But to answer your question the messages app is probably hidden with either SBSettings or Springtomize 2.

If it is not hidden via one of those 2 tweaks then reinstall biteSMS.

After reinstalling open the biteSMS SpringBoard application
Tap the Setting icon in the top right corner(on the left side of the compose button)
Scroll down to "More Stuff"
Then scroll down to the very bottom.

Underneath the option where you choose to use either the pink biteSMS icon or the green messages icon, there is a toggle called "Hide messages App".

Toggle that off, and go back to biteSMS conversation list, close biteSMS, and respring.

Hopefully the Messages.app will show up then. If so you can uninstall biteSMS(which is just one of the craziest things I've ever heard).

Wow.............Don't like biteSMS huh? The first time in my years of iPhoning that I have ever heard anyone say that.lol. You clearly have no idea how to use it..............Because if you did, you wouldn't be uninstalling it that is for sure. I mean.............You do realize what exactly biteSMS does don't you?

But to answer your question the messages app is probably hidden with either SBSettings or Springtomize 2.

If it is not hidden via one of those 2 tweaks then reinstall biteSMS.

After reinstalling open the biteSMS SpringBoard application
Tap the Setting icon in the top right corner(on the left side of the compose button)
Scroll down to "More Stuff"
Then scroll down to the very bottom.

Underneath the option where you choose to use either the pink biteSMS icon or the green messages icon, there is a toggle called "Hide messages App".

Toggle that off, and go back to biteSMS conversation list, close biteSMS, and respring.

Hopefully the Messages.app will show up then. If so you can uninstall biteSMS(which is just one of the craziest things I've ever heard).

Lol.

Thanks this did the trick.