What's new

How to properly delete a cydia app

canehdian_guy

Reaction score
Hey everybody,

I tried searching first but couldn't find what I was looking for.

I unfortunately overloaded my iphone with tweaks, not realizing that I wouldn't be able to do a restore with the release of 6.1.3. I deleted most of the tweaks, yet it is still very slow. When I re-download a tweak, all of the settings are still saved so I know that the tweaks aren't being completely deleted.

How do I delete all traces of a tweak whatsoever? By the way I'm on an iphone 5 running 6.0.2.

Thanks
Canehdian

Okay thanks. Is there any specific protocol I need to follow in order to ensure that the file is completely deleted? Or would I delete it using the exact same method used to delete a file which has bricked your phone?

Sorry I've never used SSH and it was a bit confusing when I ran a search of it just now.

Thanks.

SSH stands for Secured SHell, which is a transfer protocol that allows you to, well, transfer data. Alternatively, you can use iFile directly on your device, or utilities like iExplorer or iFunBox on your PC. You'd have to navigate to the system directory where the data is stored, and manually delete it. Much like deleting a folder or file from My Computer, except that by default, you won't have access to your iPhone's "My Computer" equivalent, which is why we'll need tools like SSH or iFile, or utilities like iExplorer to do so.

You can also download icleaner Pro and delete those saved preference files within the application.