What's new

How to Jailbreak Your iPhone Using Absinthe 2.0.4 (Windows) [5.1.1]

Awesome thanks for the help!!

Tapatalk'd from my iPhone 4s

At step 3 mine isn't opening the jailbreak page....its a small window that looks like when it first starts to extract file...I have tried on 2 different computers and it has done the same thing

At step 3 mine isn't opening the jailbreak page....its a small window that looks like when it first starts to extract file...I have tried on 2 different computers and it has done the same thing

Have you moved the .exe file out of the folder that was created when the file was unzipped? I put it on my desktop, then selected to run as administrator. I got a small, command line window and a bunch of text started scrolling. When it was done (it asks you if you wish to overwrite the ReadMe file - I picked yes), then you go back to the first folder.

Now, in that folder is a new .exe file. Run that one. It should start right up, detect your phone and start the jail break.

Marilyn

Just to let everyone know tried extracting and re installing exe file and that was not the problem. It took four try but things went very smooth and the restore even put everything back in its folders.
This is the key! you must backup device and then click on factory restore to get phone to brand new out of the box state. This is a little scary when you have tons of apps music and pics so i hesitated. Took the plunge and jail break only takes 5 or 6 minutes so if the status bar is not moving you probably wont be successful. Once jail break is complete you will have a brand new IPhone with Cydia on it but nothing else but stock apps. Then do a restore from back up and let I tunes do its thing. Takes a while went to sleep but when i woke everything including all photos were just where I had them.
Now the fun starts and re tweak phone to my liking. Love SBSettings but there may be other tweeks that do the same thing but better? What would you guys install first? Like Lock Info and Bite SMS also. Have the paid versions. Would you stick with those or something better
Updated, Jailbroke and Happy!!!

IntelliScreenX is better then SBSettings, and you can use all SBSettings toggles with IntelliScreenX.

Settings> Notifications> ISX Quick Toggles> Configure Toggles.

The first tweaks I install are:

iFile (90% chance that you will regret not installing it at one point in time)
BiteSMS
SwipeShiftCaret
SwipeSelection
KBShortcuts
CallBar
KuaiDial (via KuaiDial repo: kuaidial.googlecode.com/svn/deb/)
MultiCleaner
QuickDo (Activator alternative better then Activator in every way)
Dock
Multifl0w
MobileTerminal(iOS 5 version is not in default repos, have to download from Safari and install with iFile)
WeeTrackData
TetherMe (MyWi is a rip off)
Springtomize 2
Infinidock (works great with Springtomize's cover flow dock effect).
Ipsum
Caffeine 2
NCSettings
iCleaner
Backgrounder
CrashReporter
Syslog(reboot after installing)
FolderEnhancer
SnoozeOrStop
WeatherIcon
LowPowerBanner
Barrel

I "always" have these tweaks installed. And alway will.

I have successfully jailbroken but now how do I restore my icloud backup? in settings:icloud it shows my latest backup but there is no option to restore it

I think I have it figured out. I had to reset all settings and when the phone reboots I clicked on restore from icloud, from there I was able to select my icloud backup from right before I jailbroke it. Restoring now (13 mins remaining) hopefully this works!

Yessir!!! It worked!! its loading all of my pics and apps now :)

MwSlim said:
Yessir!!! It worked!! its loading all of my pics and apps now :)

Wow....and you still have the jailbreak?
Cydia opens after? And works?

Wow....and you still have the jailbreak?
Cydia opens after? And works?

Yes everything works. I didn't reset all data just reset the settings

MwSlim said:
Yes everything works. I didn't reset all data just reset the settings

Oh.lol. I was think you "erased all content and settings".lol

If you can help! My phone is blocked, what should I do first and what afterwards if you can step by step. In any case, a big thank you

padobranac said:
If you can help! My phone is blocked, what should I do first and what afterwards if you can step by step. In any case, a big thank you

I don't know what you mean by "blocked".

I'm guessing that was meant to say bricked

Well...I highly highly doubt he "bricked" his phone.

Most people don't even know that that means the device "can never be used unless its physically rebuilt".lol