What's new

How to hacktivate and use Gevey SIM?

neilluss

Reaction score
Hello All

So I got my phone a few weeks ago and still need to hacktivate it, would like to move on with my life (there are approx 100 windows open in Explorer)!

Also have a Gevey SIM which I received yesterday.

BB 3.10.01, iOS 4.2.1

So I can hacktivate with Redsn0w but that will also update my BB to the latest version (applenberry website says SIM only compatable with 1.59, 2.10, 3.10.1, 4.10.1)

It also says custom firmware will not work, and, since I bought it from Ebay, it must be unofficial. Hoorah!

So maybe I can use sn0wbreeze but maybe not!

Anyone have experience with this problem? Any idea which BB I will get if I use the downloaded (official) one?

Thanks

If you update to the latest which is 4.3.5 your baseband will be 4.10.01 which the gevey sim Will work on but you WILL NOT be able to jailbreak

Thanks djlive, I think I will have to try that. The problem I still need to hactivate. Will a tethered jailbreak hactivativation work, but have to be redone every time? thinking to move quick because iOS 5.0 will be signed soon, I imagine, and over the air updates don't sound good to those in my position!

I don't know of any jailbreaks for 4.3.5 however if you know someone with an Att sim you cam use you can activate the phone like that then use a gevey honestly I never use cydia so yeah