What's new

How to get rid of imessage

John Miller

Reaction score
Sorry if this has been posted before. I did a search and couldn't find this

Ever since upgrading to os 8, my messages to and from other iphones has been messed up. I either don't get the text, the person i am sending to doesn't get them or the messages are delayed by hours and i gave up trying to sending pics through it

I have tried doing a restore of the phone, logged out of messaging & logged back in, and have rebooted the phone many times, turned wifi off which helps sometimes with receiving messages

The apple store did a reset/restore of the phone and said I was good to go. It didn't change anything

I finally tried turning imessage off but then all i can do is send and receive messages to non iphone users only. How can i send plain old sms texts to other iphones

Anyone have any other suggestions? I am so frustrated since os8 update that i am about ready to get rid of iphone for good

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

When you go into Settings>Messages and scroll down is Send as SMS toggled on? It probably is as you can send text to non iPhone users. Did they reset the network settings?

Yes sms is turned on
Took the phone to apple store
They reset entire thing and told me not to load a back up. If issue still persists (which it does) i need a new phone

Not happy with this situation can anyone else help? Otherwise i am saying goodbye to apple. Tired of their just teplace it

I am sorry you are having this problem. I can see how frustrating it is but will point this out to you. If your phone was Android or Windows and you were having problems I am not sure who you would be able to go to for help and replacing it at no cost would probably not be happening either. Best of luck.

Not looking to get a phone for free and wasnt asking for one
Looking to get the software fixed
The issue only started with os 8.3 upgrade
So why did I need to spend 15 min waiting for them to entirely erase the phone and said if that didn't work replace it

Have had iphones since first one. With my 4s when it got the software upgrade i could barely use it. Guess i need to stop upgrading my software with iphone but then again this is more than likely my last iphone

Did you try resetting the network settings?
Settings - General - Reset - Reset Network Settings.