What's new

iMessage sync

Nonoise

Reaction score
I have a question around how iMessage works. If I use my Apple ID to login to someone elseā€™s phone, download an app on their device and then log out. Will my iMessages stay synced with that device? While I am logged in will they be able to see my iMessages? Will they only see messages I send while I am logged in or will they see my past messages as well? Once I log out will they still be able to see my messages new and past?

I have a question around how iMessage works. If I use my Apple ID to login to someone elseā€™s phone, download an app on their device and then log out. Will my iMessages stay synced with that device? While I am logged in will they be able to see my iMessages? Will they only see messages I send while I am logged in or will they see my past messages as well? Once I log out will they still be able to see my messages new and past?
For a start, you wonā€™t be able to log onto someone elseā€™s iPhone with your Apple ID nor download an App with your Apple ID on someone elseā€™s iPhone.

For a start, you wonā€™t be able to log onto someone elseā€™s iPhone with your Apple ID nor download an App with your Apple ID on someone elseā€™s iPhone.
Yes you can. Obviously with access to their device and their permission you can sign them out from settings and sign yourself in

On condition that the other person has give the permission to do that:

When youā€˜re logged in to someone elseā€˜s device, and you donā€˜t enable Messages for your Apple ID, they wonā€˜t see any messages connected to your ID.
Thatā€˜s different when you use Messages as well. No idea whether or not the conversations before logging in will also be synced to that device. Messages you send or receive with that ID will also sync to the device with your iCloud/Apple ID.

When you log out again, your iCloud ID wonā€˜t be available for Messages any more, so the synced texts should also disappear.

Last edited: