What's new

How to get Contacts From Original Droid to Verizon iPhone?

yes and d1

usually i can follow directions, but i have never seen that type of file

Yes you looked at www.google.com/contacts, or yes they are all there? If they are there, I suggest looking through them while looking at your phone as well, just to make sure all of your contacts are there. If all of your contacts are indeed on Google when you sign into the website, then they will be there until you remove them. Also, they will be very easy to import to your iPhone.

So please clarify and let me know ;)

Ok yeah every things good on google and on my phone, I am getting the phone sent to my house to start it up and ect, I'm thinking the day after release I'll head up to verizon for them to do it unless all I have to do is just wait now until i get my hands on the phone

No need to go to the store, you can do it all yourself. When you get the phone, you'll have to plug it in to the USB port on your computer and connect to iTunes. So make sure you have iTunes downloaded, and create an Apple Store account (it's free).

Then once you get the phone turned on and ready, you just dial *228, press 1 to program your phone, enter your 10-digit phone number, enter your account password (4 digits), and wait a minute for your phone to be activated. That's it!

Then for your contacts, refer to my post near the beginning of this thread where I explain how to import your Google contacts (it's very fast and easy).

If you back up your contacts to your computer using outlook or windows address book iTunes can then sync them to your phone when you get it...

I'm pretty sure Verizon can back up your contacts and load them onto your Iphone. As for me anytime I get a new phone I write down all of my contacts name, phone number, and any other information I have on them on paper and manually put it all back in. Why go through all the trouble? Because I'm just that hardcore. Ok the real reason is that I'm paranoid about something not transfering over properly so I'd rather do it myself. :iphone4vert:

I'm pretty sure Verizon can back up your contacts and load them onto your Iphone. As for me anytime I get a new phone I write down all of my contacts name, phone number, and any other information I have on them on paper and manually put it all back in. Why go through all the trouble? Because I'm just that hardcore. Ok the real reason is that I'm paranoid about something not transfering over properly so I'd rather do it myself. :iphone4vert:

Only problem with having Verizon transfer contacts over is many people especially tech savy ones are rooted. VZW wont touch your device if its rooted I do not believe.

Only problem with having Verizon transfer contacts over is many people especially tech savy ones are rooted. VZW wont touch your device if its rooted I do not believe.

That wouldn't surprise me. They tend to get upset with people rooting their phones. I personally don't but, that's just me.

True, but you can unroot or load a ROM that is based on the most current official build and I can pretty much bet they won't be able to tell a difference on the rooted issue.

True, but you can unroot or load a ROM that is based on the most current official build and I can pretty much bet they won't be able to tell a difference on the rooted issue.

Well that's interesting. I can assume you can also reset the phone to factory settings and then go from there? I've never rooted my phone so this is all new to me.

Well that's interesting. I can assume you can also reset the phone to factory settings and then go from there? I've never rooted my phone so this is all new to me.

Actually rooting kills the option of factory resetting the phone. The way the root works out, you actually get into the true main program of the phone itself. There is a process of flashing two files typically and it takes it back to stock. But honestly, most of the techs don't know what to look for with rooting and if they do, as long as there is nothing wrong with the phone and they are just pulling contacts off, there really shouldn't be an issue. The factory ROM's you can install are the exact factory ROM's that come from Verizon just tweaked a little. But honestly nothing to worry about.

Actually rooting kills the option of factory resetting the phone. The way the root works out, you actually get into the true main program of the phone itself. There is a process of flashing two files typically and it takes it back to stock. But honestly, most of the techs don't know what to look for with rooting and if they do, as long as there is nothing wrong with the phone and they are just pulling contacts off, there really shouldn't be an issue. The factory ROM's you can install are the exact factory ROM's that come from Verizon just tweaked a little. But honestly nothing to worry about.

Hmm. Interesting. I might want to read up on this. I don't have any interest in doing it to my droid since I'm going to be replacing it with a you know what soon but, learning about how people hack phones and what not fasinates me. I guess you can say I like knowing what can be done to a device with enough tinkering.

There is a much easier way to import contacts if you already have them under a google account. Once you activate your iPhone and have it connected to itunes, click the the tab for your iphone, and go to "info". under that there is a section that says "sync contacts with" click the drop down tab and select "google contacts" it will ask you for your google username and password and itunes will do the rest of the work for you. I think it's by far the easiest way. hope this helps i am a new iPhone user and could not be happier. Came from a Droid 2 if anyone was interested.

The original Droid automatically backs up your contacts with google. All you have to do is turn on google contact sync in iTunes. I did this, and my contacts all came in, except for a few that were starred in Android. I had to add those manually.