What's new

HOW TO - Fix Recovery Loop following a downgrade

Thx for answering !!
I use tinyumbrella to get my ssh but i cannot, they say apple cannot get my ssh and when i try with cydia he cannot also. i don't know what to do now. How can i get my ssh ?

Stee said:
Thx for answering !!
I use tinyumbrella to get my ssh but i cannot, they say apple cannot get my ssh and when i try with cydia he cannot also. i don't know what to do now. How can i get my ssh ?

You can only get your blobs in the window when Apple is signing the version you want. You can't get them after it is closed, so in your case you can never get old ones. To have 4.3.3 blobs you would have to have saved them using TU or via Cydia back in May.

That's why it is so important to start doing it as early and you can and keep saving new ones with each new firmware release. Then you are always able to restore to any of the versions you have saved in the future.

Last edited:
hi...i really need your help. i was trying to jailbreak my iphone 4 4.3.5 with redsnow and i put wrong fmw. i put 4.3.2 i didnt wanted to downgrade i just forget my fmw anyway now the phone is stucked in recovery mode. is there any solution without restore? i dont wanna loose my data and i dont want to upgrade it to ios5. thnx

Hi, I seem to be stuck on a DFU loop but I can't remember my previous OS so I don't know which .ipsw file to download. Is it okay if I download any recovery .ipsw file?

THANK YOU for the detailed post! Worked brilliantly! all this after nearly a month of reading crap posts and watching some retarded youtube fixes on loops. Just had issues reloading an older version of itunes. Nagged about the Library.itl .Fixed this by pointing to Music/iTunes then renaming(not deleting) the .xml & .itl file in the folder...xtra detail...i know...just in case someone else gets stuck on this... Will try this again,when im brave enough to upgrade to 5.0.1