What's new

How to de-activate the following

SomeDude

Reaction score
Hey Everyone,

Recently I had iOS5 re-installed on my 3Gs after a botched jailbreak. Since then, whenever I attempt to do anything with calling, or answering I am shown a prompt that asks me for a password in order to continue. I hadn't activated that before the problem and I'm wondering why I have it now. I can get around it to do what I need to do, all I do is hit cancel, but I want it gone, how do I get rid of it?

Cheers,
SD

$scan0006.jpg this is the best I could manage, I hope it helps.

Attachments

• $scan0006.jpg
    $scan0006.jpg
    54.3 KB · Views: 243
It looks like its for you iTunes account. Is the phone trying to download apps?

You can take a screenshot of your phone by pressing the lock and home buttons at the same time...

No, it has to do with the voicemail, at least that's what it says. 2) no, it's not trying to download an app. 3) when you say lock, are you speaking about the screen lock function to prevent it from rotating? How would this produce a screen snapshot?

Sorry. I just had a quick look as I was on my phone at the time.

You must have a voicemail password set up. Now that you've restored/updated the phone is requesting that you type it in. I don't have a voicemail password so haven't encountered this. My guess is that it's required to get voicemail set up.

Quickly press the lock/unlock button (at the top of the phone) at the same time press the home button (the one with the square like shape on it). You will see the screen flash and hear the camera noise if you've done it correctly...